Massive Clutch Failure

WHAT I MEANT WAS.........

What I meant was, rough up and scratch up the pads, not the pressure plate. If your pads get glazed, they will not want to grip as well. Also...When you put your pressure plate back on, put a few extra turns on it. and..Also... Quit riding the clutch and quit doing clutch starts. That is what is causing you to glaze the pads. Always do a pedal start to help the clutch and make sure the clutch is adjusted correctly with at least a hair of free travel at all times.. Enjoy the ride....

Re: WHAT I MEANT WAS.........

thatsdax said:
Quit riding the clutch and quit doing clutch starts. That is what is causing you to glaze the pads.

Well Dad, I've only ridden this thing once before the whole catastrophe so I wouldnt even have had a chance to ride the clutch or do clutch starts... Anyways, I have finally gotten it to start up, but ive found it does not want to start once I pedal at high speed, only at slow speed pedaling.. Probably gotta rough up the pads some... And replacing the clutch lever helped IMMENSELY... Now the thing actually gets tight.

Back