Member needs machine shop work done

I'm building an occ chopper and am adding a shift kit with a 5 speed shifter and gear cluster. The standard jackshaft is too short to work on this bike for several reasons. I ordered a new jackshaft from Mfg Supply and discovered that the shift kits shaft is 15mm, and the ones I can find are 5/8 or 3/4. I need this new 5/8 shaft turned down to 15mm and the keyway widened to 5.81 mm ...that's according to my digital calipers. I can order 15 mm shafts but the keyway is not wide enough or deep enough. Anyone have the tools to do this kind of thing? Local shops start at $65 per hour including set up time obviously. This bike is making me crazy and I'm rapidly losing my patience and my hair is almost all pulled out already. Help me out here fellas before I wind up bald and crazy. Thanks!
Woody

Yes when you need parts to keep running, time is money!

LoL, my problem was the reverse of Arkive1. I had a 3/4" shaft and 15mm sprocket adapters. I had to turn down the shaft ends to 15mm. The fit is tight. The adapters have two set screws @ 180 Deg. that go 1/4" into the shaft. At the time the pic was taken, had to use allen cap screws(set screws were to short).

Also As it turned out, the mtr-drive side freewheel wasn't needed. Only got a little over 100 mi before the weather turned, but every thing seems to solid.

This one seems to have twice the getup and go as my other s-ray. The first has 1 speed 32T and seems to top out(over rev) around 30 mph.
I believe the tuned pipe on the new one, gave quit a power and exhaust noise boost.

Attachments

• new pictures bike 021.JPG
    new pictures bike 021.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 159
  • new1 001.JPG
    new1 001.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 160
Back