Metal gouge dents and scraps?

Local time
9:50 PM
Looking to save a bit of time, I have a few dings from debating mounting the old Briggs (which will not be used at this point.)

Would "steel stick putty" help to fill frame flaw gouges and 3 holes that I have drilled in the frame?

Paints almost done it's mainly the lower frame tube that has the gouges, the rear drop out bottom tubes which have a few gouges, and three 5/16 drill holes in the bottom drop out tubes.

15105328987841735620609.jpg
1510532947142-2057996796.jpg
1510532969112-1614026104.jpg

Looking to save a bit of time, I have a few dings from debating mounting the old Briggs (which will not be used at this point.)

Would "steel stick putty" help to fill frame flaw gouges and 3 holes that I have drilled in the frame?

Paints almost done it's mainly the lower frame tube that has the gouges, the rear drop out bottom tubes which have a few gouges, and three 5/16 drill holes in the bottom drop out tubes.

View attachment 79887 View attachment 79888 View attachment 79889
Are you for real seriously?

1510535260533-1516487399.jpg
Are you for real seriously?

About as serious as Donald trumps implanted wig not too much of a bondo fan but that back I can put some steel stik in or weld steel collars on.

If your going to be negative please don't reply and pass on to the next helper.... it's just a frame and my bikes sanded raw to bare paint coat.

If I don't like it I'll buy a dummy frame.

Fenders perfect frame not so much..

I wouldn't fret over the gouges.

It's those large holes thru the chain stays which
most likely weakened the frame.

Forget the steel stick putty.

Sleeve the damaged area.
Then weld or at least use clamps to
restore frame strength.

Then bondo and paint.

Maybe you should've clamped your
Briggs motor mount struts to the frame.

View attachment 79890

About as serious as Donald trumps implanted wig not too much of a bondo fan but that back I can put some steel stik in or weld steel collars on.

If your going to be negative please don't reply and pass on to the next helper.... it's just a frame and my bikes sanded raw to bare paint coat.

If I don't like it I'll buy a dummy frame.

Fenders perfect frame not so much..
Dude I'm not trying to piss on your parade but that's about as safe and wise as a bull in a china shop.It's your life your risk I would start again just sayin.

Dude I'm not trying to piss on your parade but that's about as safe and wise as a bull in a china shop.It's your life your risk I would start again just sayin.

It won't break and trust me if it did it would on the bottom only as its all steel it will drop an inch before it will collapse unlike aluminium.

Once aluminum cracked you can throw it in the garbage cause it's going to break into multiple fragments.

If I blew the welds on my Briggs proportion and I felt it what makes anyone think I won't feel the steel split?

I believe firmly in steel only and that briggs through out 4x vibration and those tubes did not give away....

Now what can we do to fill/fix it.

Bike weighs in at 38lbs the previous motor weighed in at 40lbs + bracket work was 25lbs plus my 150lbs body riding a total of 68 miles before the welds cracked from hitting a pot hole.

No way nothing would harm it.

Last edited:
Dubious Brother, you cannot drill holes in your chainstays. Period.

Yeah it's a bit late for that but at least they are right down the middle...

If it craps out a frame ant crud at the end of the day that ant nothing next to a car I inspected had a busted motor mount radiator support and they still drove it all around.

It's not an mtb it's a road only cruiser.

Brometheous Maximus, that is a no go. If that chainstay crumples at 25mph, you are gonna eat asphalt. You can never trust that frame. Every bump is a potential killer. Get a new frame.

Brometheous Maximus, that is a no go. If that chainstay crumples at 25mph, you are gonna eat asphalt. You can never trust that frame. Every bump is a potential killer. Get a new frame.

OK well I talked to my wife's cousin he said 3 months Max... on rough turf...:eek::eek::eek::eek::oops:

Well what do you guys think of this

http://m.big5sportinggoods.com/mobi...s-transit-city-bike/6199108440060/_/A-5379284

Found one for $50.00 drop on build but as far as the bike is concerned I'll just strip it, swap the bars of the new bike for the old one...

Keep it for a storage dinosaur.:(:mad::(

Personally I think it's a piece of s**t not even a single review or info on it.

But is sea hawks green and black so.....

Last edited:
Back