Mixing method?

The very best measuring device for two cycle oil is one of the small baby bottles, it has oz scale on one the side and ml on the other side. If you're off by a ml or two it ain't going to matter.

Do none of you guys cook? Thats what a liquid measuring cup is for, to measure liquids, dont matter what liquid. Oil in our case, fill measuring glass to 4oz then dump into 1 gallon of gasoline. Wha La!!!

Do none of you guys cook? Thats what a liquid measuring cup is for, to measure liquids, dont matter what liquid. Oil in our case, fill measuring glass to 4oz then dump into 1 gallon of gasoline. Wha La!!!
Thats what I was saying, a liquid ounce is different from a weighed ounce. For some reason he wants to convert and ever changing weight mixture from liquid ounces, to a weight. Idk why, the oil mix is called for in volume, not weight. So he needs to figure out what the best weight for density per specified volume, and don't forget to account for temp too. Seems like a lot of work when you can pour some out into a cup or just buy a bottle with the squeeze thingy on it to measure. Lots of math, for a few ounces of oil in a gallon.

Buy a bottle of your favorite brand, whatever volume you want, then pour it into a tared container, weigh the entire volume, then calculate for loss that was left over as residue and then also assume the manufacturer is super precise, and divide by how many ounces the volume you think have left over iabd in the container, then you will know the weight per ounce. Make sure your scale has been calibrated by an authorized service vendor as well, and within the past year.
Your absolutely right, that will work, idk why I didn't think of that. Thanks

Thats what I was saying, a liquid ounce is different from a weighed ounce. For some reason he wants to convert and ever changing weight mixture from liquid ounces, to a weight. Idk why, the oil mix is called for in volume, not weight. So he needs to figure out what the best weight for density per specified volume, and don't forget to account for temp too. Seems like a lot of work when you can pour some out into a cup or just buy a bottle with the squeeze thingy on it to measure. Lots of math, for a few ounces of oil in a gallon.
Well I reckon someone has to ask the difficult questions lol. I think Zak is dead on tho I'm gonna grab my scales and see what the numbers turn out to be. Im just a stickler with 2 strokes the closer u have it to perfect the better it'll run. And its easier to carry scales in my backpack of tools than a glass measuring cup. Btw when y'all are done riding for the day do y'all just let the gas sit in yalls tanks?

Well I reckon someone has to ask the difficult questions lol. I think Zak is dead on tho I'm gonna grab my scales and see what the numbers turn out to be. Im just a stickler with 2 strokes the closer u have it to perfect the better it'll run. And its easier to carry scales in my backpack of tools than a glass measuring cup. Btw when y'all are done riding for the day do y'all just let the gas sit in yalls tanks?
Why would you be carrying a glass measuring cup? Why not get a cheap bottle of walmart oil, dump it out, fill it with the oil you want to use ( walmart oil is actually really good stuff), then just use the measure cup on the bottle. You do realize, the engine cannot tell the difference between 4 ounces of oil and 4.1 ounces of oil, right? It will run exactly the same too. Oil in these does not have to be perfect for the engine to run perfect. A little bit to much, or a little bit to little won't make one bit of difference. I doubt even the most sensitive dino machine out there couldn't tell if you were running 3.9 ounces of oil, vs 4.1 ounces of oil. Now a good lambda sensor should pick it up, but really, for .00000000001 hp, doesn't seem worth all that work. When its as simple as squeeze the bottle till you get the amount you want or close, and pour it in to the gas container. You might be able to tell when you have an extra picogram of torque, but no one else can.

oh and if you want max power, you should be running 16:1. Smokey as hell, but the most power you will get out of the engine will come at 16:1, when jetted properly.

I do leave the fuel sit in my tank, with gas valve off. I treat my fuel in winter, so it can sit all winter if it's that bad out, then spring comes and she fires right up.

7EC96798-7DE3-45B6-A4B5-05D94002F98E.jpeg

I use a 1 ounce NyQuil cup. Pouring up a cup of Red Line now. 🙂

This will confirm your mix
Gas And Oil Mix Ratio Calculator

Remember,,, this calculator is for usa fuel/ oil mixes

We have the metric system here in Canada which makes it easy too calculate fuel ratio mixes...

Our old Imperial Gallon is 4.54 liters per gallon
USA gallon is 3.78 liters...

*** Do not mix these calculations up nor bother trying too figure them out since it will only confuse you. ***

Stick too a method that works for you so don't slip up,,, write your gas/ oil mixture on your gas jug so you know exactly how much oil you will be mixing with your fuel...

Keep it simple and consistent...

Cheers from Don

Back