Modified Chinese motors?

precision happytime

wavy - I think that's what the Manic Mechanic is all about. He's basically making a whole new engine.

hey pablo im a little out of touch , could ya link us to the manic mechanic? the thought of a well reconstructed happytime is awsome! ill buy one!!

Everyone sure likes them cheap but then complains because they are.

One of the chief reasons the HTs are as popular as they are because they are dirt cheap. Any teen kid or not so teen kid can scrape together a hundred bucks and change now and they're in business.

Did someone say $400-500 for a decent one lunger bicyle engine?
Good luck. That would effectively put at least 2/3s potential customers out of reach.

Let's face it, many want a bicycle to look like a motorcycle.
Yup great, cheap bike, no insurance, no tags, few regs and I can lowball into motorsports, woowee get yer motor runnin'.

For a power_assisted_bicycle to look like a bicycle with an ancillary engine/motor attached there already are some great EPA/CARB approved alternatives.......for far less than 4-5 hundred.

Is that a serious question? If so and on the same page as the premise of finding a quality bike engine for far less than the $400-500 range:

Robin EHO35
Honda GX35
Mitsubishi TLE43
Thanks. I didn't realise that there were any 2-strokes.

My particular interest is hybrid pedal/motor-assisted power. There are a lot of MBs but very few seem operable as genuine bicycles - lightweight, full range of pedal gearing and good rider ergonomics. The 4-strokes, being heavier and bulkier are at a natural disadvantage, except for quality.

The 4-strokes, being heavier and bulkier are at a natural disadvantage, except for quality.

Then you might check out the 35cc class of mini 4 stroke industrial engines, noting the H figure includes a gas tank.

Robin EHO35
Dimensions (L x W x H) 191mm(7.5 in) x 234mm(9.2 in) x 246mm(9.6 in)
Dry Weight 3.5 kg (8 lbs)

Honda GX35
Dimensions (L x W x H) 204mm(8.0 in) x 234mm (9.2 in) x 230mm (9.4 in)
Dry Weight 3.46 kg (7.6 lbs

Last edited:
While the stock 35-49cc have some amazing power for the size and are just nice VERY reliable power plants, they really can't hold a match to a built and tuned modified HT 67cc 2 stroke for power to road.

I'm not saying this to brag on the HT engine by any means - I'm saying I'd like to modify a 49cc 4 stroke!!:unsure::helmet:

Back