Motorized Bike Generator

Yup! he says final prototype so he most likely built this, does he have more videos on utube and if so maybe they show how it is built.

Baja makes a doodlebug called a warrior, they had a magnetic flywheel and a set of coils that sat underneath, they used it to give juice to the headlights on that model, question is will those components meant for a 79/212 type sized engine fit to a 49, I've never gotten an answer to that question I've thought about. I've also noticed only the bigger 4 stroke snow blowers had a coil and flywheel to power things like headlights and hand warmers, but never such a thing on those small ones that used a 49 Honda type motor...

If I was seriously wondering I'd dig up any info I could on the sizing of the parts, and I would obviously try to dissect the video more for clues and possibly actually try to message the guy, at the very least he could send you in the right direction if he responds.

Ah OK, so I browsed a little, came across a thread on motorbicycling.com where the guy who made that video gave some more insight, he made the core from bar stock and wound his own coils, here's a photo:
IMGP4986.JPG

Here's the link to the thread, the picture and related info is on the second page of the thread. https://motorbicycling.com/threads/49cc-generator.14817/

Back