Motorized Recumbent

sweet bent, baby!

Hi, stick!
Welcome to the thread!
That's a nice looking ride, man!
Why is there a reflection? Is that a pack of some kind hanging below?
Also, what size is the rear wheel and how do you like the belt drive, engine, etc?
That front pod looks very cool. Does it help much and where would a guy get one of those?
Also, is something bungeed across the seat?
The more I look at the picture, the better that is looking to me. It's got fenders and everything!
You must ride it a lot.
VERY COOL!!
I ride a Rans Tailwind. It doesn't seem as beefy as your ride...

Thanks for any info!

Steve G.
Grants Pass, Oregon

Attachments

• motorized recumbent 001.jpg
    motorized recumbent 001.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
23cc Mitsu/BikeE

WOW! :D

I've still got some work to do....to make it pretty, but I had to give it some test runs.

It's a little slow on the take off, but with 21 speeds, it's not a problem to help it out. (cept, my legs are feeling it now!!! :LOL:)
I wish I had my speedometer on it....seemed fast enough for me.

I'm having trouble getting this silly grin off my face! :D

more later

I'm working on my first HT type standard bike, but I have a Rans tailwind and Rocket in the garage waiting to see how much I use the standard bike. If I love it, I will do the Rocket next. Oh, and each of my 2 kids have a BikeE, so they may get one, too...

Recumbent? Maybe Yes, Maybe Not!

You might find the below of interest.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5562&highlight=recumbent

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4567&highlight=Hive&page=3

I tried the recumbent route. Too hilly around here to say the bike is practical and city driving I thought was too dangerous.

Frankly, for me, the only way to go, aside from creating a custom ride, is the CF (crank forward) ride. (The Raleigh Gruv is perfect for this application.) Rans are spendy, but, either way, you get the best of both worlds, but safer and easier to start up...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to agree with Hive about city riding on a bent. Fortunately, there aren't any cities around here. For commuting in the country, there's nothin' else like 'em.

Oops. Since my trike isn't Rack Mount, perhaps I'm OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hive....thanks for bumping those threads! you build some great bikes.

I love the comfort of these CF (knees to the breeze) bikes.
my only issue....I can hop over a curb, on a mtb or a cruiser, to get out of harms way.
On my bent....I don't want any part of the curb! :devilish: ouch!!

Oops. Since my trike isn't Rack Mount, perhaps I'm OT.

hehehe...nope Alaskavan....you are not OT. This is a recumbent thread.
you're trike is a bent......your thoughts are welcomed here.

You're trike, btw, is in a class, all it's own! (class, being the keyword) :cool:

Back