motorized tour bike

ZevO, very illegal. They cannot be registered, licenced or insured. The only motor assisted bike that is legal in BC is electric.

That said, nothing is illegal unless you get caught. In this case if the police want to take it to the wall, your toast. So say the people I talked to when I chased it down a month ago at the motor vehicle department. Absolutely no gas powered bicycles. Period.

If it doesn't fit Federal Government Standards {they approved the maker} and it has a sticker/serial number saying so you cant put it on the road..

Given the load of drug problems and gangs here in BC, I don't think that anybody but the most bored of police would start anything if you are minding your own business and are properly equipped but the door is always open.

Hope Robin makes the trip though and send lots of photos back. It really would be the trip of a life time.

Steve.

Here is a picture of my first motorized tour bike:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 312
This year i definetly will do a big trip hopefully 1500 to 2000 miles up the interior of B.C. with a Staton chaindrive 4 cycle Subaru-Robin will use 2 front packs and a single wheel trailer--last year i tried with an unhappy times 2 cycle big mistake the chain wore thru the frame and engine mounts did too--abandoned trip and engine blew shortly therafter-here is a pic of the bike

THE CHAIN WORE THRU THE FRAME !

re: wore through frame

Wow, I guess its a lesson for anyone on a HT. If you have bad chain slap, use a roller tensioner or at least some kind of frame wrap (tire tubes and zipties, folded steel junction cover lids, heater hose, duct tape, etc).

Back