My engine won't run after driving in the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If none of the suggestions you've gotten so far help, maybe your air filter is damp & that's having an effect like putting on the choke. You could probably clear it up w/ a little engine EZ starter spray if that's the case, or a few hours of running

You can waterproof your electricals w/ liquid electrical tape (or hot glue gun if you're cheap & willing to tolerate a slight fire risk like i am... Just don't use "Flex Seal" it's god awful, especially when it starts to dissolve in oil & becomes furry looking)
it could be a loose wire.. did u hit any bumps? check cdi conections if you have a stator coil electrical..

it could be a loose wire.. did u hit any bumps? check cdi conections if you have a stator coil electrical..
start from basics then, spark? gas ? timing? compression? fuel air? so forth till u get to the issue//

Sometimes WD-40 does real good on partially water damaged equipment. After all, Water Displacement is its forté, so that's kind of the correct use case.

OTOH, i can't think of anything other than the original use case (anti corrosion spray for ICBM components) where WD-40 works that you couldn't use 15:1 pre mix for a comparable or better effect

Sometimes WD-40 does real good on partially water damaged equipment. After all, Water Displacement is its forté, so that's kind of the correct use case.

OTOH, i can't think of anything other than the original use case (anti corrosion spray for ICBM components) where WD-40 works that you couldn't use 15:1 pre mix for a comparable or better effect

Seafoam , put a couple capfuls in a tank if you suspect water anything.

Edit I meant Seafoam not marvel mystery oil

Ohh for heavens sake...

It's cheap to drain the whole system including the float bowl and the lines and start with brand new fresh gas.

[Snark]
WD-40, Sea Foam, for crying out loud it isn't a stranded ship at sea in need of emergency measures, it's a simple gas engine that carries less than a gallon of fuel and there is a close supply!
[/Snark]

If it don't start right away with fresh fuel just take the air cleaner off to see if starts without it, if not go from there knowing the silly things like fuel and air are OK.

Ohh for heavens sake...

It's cheap to drain the whole system including the float bowl and the lines and start with brand new fresh gas.

[Snark]
WD-40, Sea Foam, for crying out loud it isn't a stranded ship at sea in need of emergency measures, it's a simple gas engine that carries less than a gallon of fuel and there is a close supply!
[/Snark]

If it don't start right away with fresh fuel just take the air cleaner off to see if starts without it, if not go from there knowing the silly things like fuel and air are OK.

I put effort towards using fuel and not finding a desert to dump it in...

Would prefer to burn it in a cheap 2 stroke than put it in my truck or other people's vehicles as well.

old or questionable fuel goes into a big jug at the shop - cleans built up grease really well

im back, yesterday i answered an ad, " moped mechanic needed' a cute girl has a kinetic moped that didnt start , sat out 4 years .. I am happy to say, it took me an hour to get it going , but i want her to buy a new clone carb, 19.00.. those delloretto carbs are so so small to clean out all the orifices.. made 65.00 cash, still have my touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back