My Lights

I have a motorcycle battery mounted in the basket of my trike to power my lights. The headlight is a 55 watt off road light that I used to have on my Jeep. The back light is a 24 LED light I got at a truck stop. The LED is wired up to the brake light position on its back side. Both are very bright! The pictures were taken at about 6 car lengths.

Terry

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 323
Thanks! I want to be able to say "What do you mean you couldn't see me?"

Terry

I certainly hope you never have cause to be saying that. Great lights, by the way.

One more accessory I really, really strongly recommend - get an air horn! One of those canister type ones, put it in a cup holder bracket on your handlebars where you can hit it quick. One of those saved my life not very long ago - lady ignored my 50 watt headlight, but she sure heard my horn.

A suggestion, as well. Get an 8 ft fiberglass wand antenna and a fluorescent orange flag for it - that way even the idjits behind the car right behind you will know "something is in that apparently empty spot".

The air horn sounds pretty good! I have the orange flag but I never measured the pole. You can see it in the pictures.

Terry

Well done. A powerful headlight definitely reduces the ammount of close call with cars - day & night.

Well, I got the air horn. Took the trike out for her first run and the top fell off the air horn. A little duct tape fixed that.

Terry

Back