my motorbike is no more

Sorry to hear your kit crapped out. Seems some of them last forever, and others fall apart just as they're broken in. I have a SkyHawk 66cc kit, and have put about 900 miles on it since I got it October 20th. I ride the snot out of it, and its performance hasn't yet diminished in any way. I haven't had any trouble with anything other than the tensioner pulley wearing out. But, this raises a question for for anyone who has owned or currently owns both 48cc and 66cc kits: I'm expecting a good tax return this year, and am looking to buy an engine kit or two. I'd like to ask if either of them is a better performer, etc. I'm about 210 lbs, and I carry a rack trunk and panniers full of goodies. I can't decide what to do.

yea actually i am selling it for 40 bucks, i had a friend that wanted to buy it from me a while back.. i live in kentucky, and the engine runs fine, i know i said it seized up, but i didnt mean literally.

Hahaha - all of a sudden it isn't seized up (and actually runs fine) when someone offers to buy it for parts. lol

FWIW - if someone needs an engine, you can buy brand new engines (without the rest of the mounting hardware, etc.) for less than 75 bucks on fleabay.

replacement engine

I got my replacement engine from Zoom cycles and it cost me about 75 bucks U.S. and its been running like a watch for about six months. I did have some mounting bracket problems but those were my fault. I think it was a special one time deal but, it was just what I needed.

I replaced the stock chain with a 215 nickel plated one and got a top hat hub adapter so I would not have to bolt the rear sprocket to the spokes. I still get a bit of chain sag/tighten but I can live with it.

I know that drive rollers are simple but I think that a roller chain is the most efficient way to put power to that rear wheel.

Mike Frye the bike guy

Back