Need a laid back seat post, size question

yea but every single one of the chrome or steal bent ones comes with just as many assorted forum posts about how they bent. And for guys only weighing 250 lbs. HA I wish I only weighed that.
Now I don't do any off road stuff, but still. It's got a lot of me to hold up.

I believe .2mm is equal to 8 thousanths of an inch, or a couple coats of paint or chrome plating, I can't believe that's going to make a difference. It's basically 1 inch

yea but every single one of the chrome or steal bent ones comes with just as many assorted forum posts about how they bent. And for guys only weighing 250 lbs. HA I wish I only weighed that.
Now I don't do any off road stuff, but still. It's got a lot of me to hold up.
Perhaps, if you're into it, an old school BMX quill stem could be adapted to use as a seat clamp with the rear offset. The quill is 22.2mm I believe. Add the guts from a Primo Rod or similar... But it's probably too wide.. drilling new holes further in might make it too narrow.. hmm maybe maybe not.
_20170715_163226.JPG

I actually found a guy, we emailed, we spoke on the phone, he was going to make me a solid one. Look… http://www.santabarbaracruisers.com/seatposts

Was going to email me a pay pal invoice. That was a few days ago now.
WTH? He did say he had to order the right size bar stock. I said fine. I'd pay the thing as soon as it shows up but nothing. Even emailed him again saying if he sent an invoice I never got it. nothing.
Hope something bad didn't happen to the guy.

Back