Need a laid back seat post, size question

Fix a bracket to set on the luggage rack and make a seat bracket like a bobber motorcycle. It can hinge off of the seat post and be supported in the back by the bracket you build.

hey Gary that looks pretty sweet. My neighbor does some welding, but I've already hit him up for so many favors with this I hate to keep pestering him.

Side note, I see you have one of those cloud 9 seats. Been looking at the 12x12 one they sell. How do you like yours? My seat is a good 10 inches, and has springs, but not much else.
Had one of those thick silicon seat covers on my old 12 speed. Life saver that thing was.

hey Gary that looks pretty sweet. My neighbor does some welding, but I've already hit him up for so many favors with this I hate to keep pestering him.

Side note, I see you have one of those cloud 9 seats. Been looking at the 12x12 one they sell. How do you like yours? My seat is a good 10 inches, and has springs, but not much else.
Had one of those thick silicon seat covers on my old 12 speed. Life saver that thing was.
Really comfortable. I can't find the one I like anymore. About the closest to it is the cruiser contour seat. The rise at the back works good.

I would have thought the rack would hold more, I have one that is rated 100 pounds. So here is another option, search Google images for "bobber seat for bicycle". You should get pics that will lead you to this link. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/bobber-seat-conversion.58486/ The pics in the link are screwed up by Photo Bucket, so you have to use the Google search pics. I think it is doable with a little welding, or maybe even clamps. The clamps that hold a chain tensioner might work, or maybe a modified to clamp across both tubes.

I would have thought the rack would hold more, I have one that is rated 100 pounds. So here is another option, search Google images for "bobber seat for bicycle". You should get pics that will lead you to this link. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/bobber-seat-conversion.58486/ The pics in the link are screwed up by Photo Bucket, so you have to use the Google search pics. I think it is doable with a little welding, or maybe even clamps. The clamps that hold a chain tensioner might work, or maybe a modified to clamp across both tubes.
I do agree with you that the bobber setup is cool as hell. Pretty sure I'm going to have to explore that for myself.

hey, I found a few sites who make SOLID seat posts. Contacted two… Will post with updates if either answers me.

Oh BTW… I ordered one of those cloud 9 seats today. 12 incher.

Back