New engine help

This isn't being used as a bond. It's purely a block of material to fill up the unnecessary space inside the sprocket cover, so that the chain cannot skip, or ride up on the tops of the teeth, or kink and jam up inside the case.

Wouldn't it be easier to check alignment, tensioner and replace the chain... seems epoxy is so primitive.

It's also unessesary weight. If your chain skips that's only a redneck fix no offense proper way is to see why your skipping.

My bike and engine's new and it doesn't skip... as far as my roller is concerned I keep it tight til broke in could give a care less if a plastic roller wears out but by time the chain breaks in the roller has worn a perfect groove in it..

New systems are bound to popping just tells you it's not broke in yet... once it stops popping you can reduce tension a hair.

Wouldn't it be easier to check alignment, tensioner and replace the chain... seems epoxy is so primitive.

It's also unessesary weight. If your chain skips that's only a redneck fix no offense proper way is to see why your skipping.

My bike and engine's new and it doesn't skip... as far as my roller is concerned I keep it tight til broke in could give a care less if a plastic roller wears out but by time the chain breaks in the roller has worn a perfect groove in it..

New systems are bound to popping just tells you it's not broke in yet... once it stops popping you can reduce tension a hair.
It's always good to have a safety feature, ensuring that in case of any malfunction of the chain itself or other parts of the chain management system there is absolutely positively no possibility of the chain ever jamming inside the case and putting the rear wheel into a full lock skid. :)

Also every gram of weight added to the engine case reduces the vibration, so weight is never a concern there. :)

It's always good to have a safety feature, ensuring that in case of any malfunction of the chain itself or other parts of the chain management system there is absolutely positively no possibility of the chain ever jamming inside the case and putting the rear wheel into a full lock skid. :)

Also every gram of weight added to the engine case reduces the vibration, so weight is never a concern there. :)

And sound deadening too...

But sure I just feel it's barbaric filler...

I've locked a chain up before and blown tires before I handle well under pressure I remember doing 20 with my niece going to the food bank in Ballard and from sand point I blew a tire and did a 360 across the tracks... then after that she was dying on laughter quote on qoute "F that tire girl I'll built it and kept riding it til the tire wouldn't seat on the bead flat so I cut it off and rid the rim the whole way back sliding lol.

No offense but most of this post makes you sound like you don't know what you are talking about, stop being so zealous. That chain pop and lock issue happens even when you do have good tension, it also happens with that nice tensioner just up and loosens on you and then the wheel locks up at whatever speed you happen to be going at. With this you virtually eliminate any possibility of that type of incident from f***ing you over.

Back