IMG_20210319_225301~2.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 2,338
  • IMG_20210316_125848~3.jpg
    IMG_20210316_125848~3.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20210316_125848~2.jpg
    IMG_20210316_125848~2.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 262
Dirt girl, I think this project is way beyond your skills.

What's with the wrench? Is that part of the rear frame?

You need to see in your head, every piece of your project, and
how they work together.

You need to know exactly what to search for, and buy.

Will the 212 engine fit in your frame?

If you don't have the engine, you have to find the dimensions (length, width, height) of this monster engine,
then measure your frame to see if it fits.

You will need to remove the seat post and brace(weld) the frame.

The bicycle chain will be in the way of the engine.
You will need to weld brackets to re-route the chain.

Can you weld?

You're wanting to run 212 power thru a "shift kit".
Yes, that's the term that's used.

You have to MAKE the jackshaft, and choose the correct sprockets on the jackshaft.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to run the engine sprocket/pulley directly to the bicycle sprocket.
Why? You'll find the answer, when you learn about sprockets and pulleys.

You must choose the right bike sprockets and pulleys.

You need to learn about GEAR RATIOS!

You need to be good at junior high math, to calculate(figure out) how to
choose the correct sprockets and pulleys.

The monster engine will interfere(be in the way) of the bicycle chain's path.

Others on the forums have completed this project, but
not with a shift kit.

You have chosen a VERY difficult project.

I'm guessing this will cost at least $1,000 to build.

Yes. I AM trying to talk you out of this.

Why don't you try a cruiser bike or a simple mountain bike and a China engine as your first bike?

And no shift kit.:)

Last edited:
5-7 Heaven brought up some very good points. After looking into your profile I noticed you didn't post an introduction in the Introduction section. It's important that you do this because it let's others know what your skill levels are. Without an intro I'm not going to assume what your skill level is.

One thing I noticed is you do seem to know concepts on certain things but don't know the motor bike lingo. Some people just are gifted when it comes to mechanics. Who knows, we just don't know until you properly introduce yourself in the Intro section.

Hey guys slow down, This is Dirt Girls bike not your.
If she asks for help and advice then give it.

Hey guys slow down, This is Dirt Girls bike not your.
If she asks for help and advice then give it.
This is why I told her to post in the Intro section so we know a little more about her.

My late brother never built a motorized bicycle the whole time he was alive. However I'm sure he could've easily built very advanced builds. David could take a 50+ year old car out of a junk yard and in a matter of weeks make it look like it should be on a show room floor.

Once on this forum a woman wanted to build a motorized bicycle with a pull behind trailer. She had never built a motorized bicycle before. She wanted to make a long trip from near the US/Canadian border to a country in South America. Her young son was going to be in the pull behind trailer also. Lo and behold there was people on the forum telling her she should do it. Finally she listened to several who told her that was a bad idea.

The more experienced should put reality checks on new builders. However there's always exceptions to the rules. I'm a person who built a bike that shifted gears automatically a year before I ever got on any forum. When I did get on the forums the experts told my bike wouldn't work. Then I'd have to remind them I had been riding the bike for a year.

I have no idea if such a project is too big for Dirt Girl. That's why I hope Dirt Girl goes to the Intro section so we can know more about her. Then better advice can be given or maybe the other way around she may be the one teaches us.

✨ Dirt Girl ✨ is doing a nice job of introducing herself with this build. (y)

✨ Dirt Girl ✨ is doing a nice job of introducing herself with this build. (y)
This is bad advise you're giving telling newbies to skip the Intro section. I'm not trying to insult you either. Because there was no intro I don't know what Dirt Girl's mechanical skill level is. Therefore I don't know what the best suggestions might be if she needs any at all.

So Dirt Girl, please give us an intro. Tell us about yourself. Then others on here will know if they should give advise or simply give you a thumbs up.

We are all born ignorant.

A fool never learns from their mistakes and repeats them.

A smart person learns from their mistakes.

The truly wise learns from the mistakes of others.

Last edited:
Back