New motor, wont start, leaking gas. HELP!

Notice in pic #1 [post 18] that the black plastic insulator has a ridge on top of it and it is hitting an aluminum fin. You need to trim that plastic piece with a pair of Dikes just about a 1/16th of an inch so it will not interfere with the insulator flat surface area mating to the head flat surface area. You can reuse the old gaskets unless you permatexed them. Takin that brass cap out for the mixture screw is a good idea too to fine tune the mixture.

Hey guys, I just popped in to thank you ALL for all the help. ;)

Took the bike around town, and around and around... (staying close enough to push home if need be.) Motor is running fine. I tried spraying the carb cleaner, very slight difference, to me not worth tearing this thing apart.

Now there is an odd vibration with the bike that concerned me a bit. Pretty sure the rear gear is not on right and that was replaced only shortly before my last motor started giving me issues so really didn't use it much since that gear was replaced.

Story to that.
I had tried to install one of those gears that attaches right to the axle. Ordered through bikeberry. Got the wrong size. Ok, my bad, had to ship it back at my cost, and this time took the bike to a bike shop, let the bike shop guy talk directly to bikeberry to be sure I got the right size. And again they sent the wrong one. Got the two on the phone again, and again I was told I got the wrong size. Now I'm mad. I said no.... YOU talked to the man I'm paying to install this thing. If your support and a bike shop repair guy can't figure out the right size, at this point it was YOUR mistake, just pay the shipping to return it and not lose my business. They refused. And THAT is the reason I stopped using bikeberry until I bought this motor. So I had a brand new set of those sandwich on the spokes gear assembly and asked the bike shop to install that. Well pretty sure that whole assembly is not on straight. It works, it's clearly NOT on perfectly straight like it was before I had the great idea of replacing it, but whole bike rattles every time the wheel turns. I don't know how long I want to put up with this before I attempt to replace or re attach that gear. Royal pain it is to get the back wheel off and worse getting it back on.... honestly this might wait until/if I get a flat or need new tires and have to take it off anyway.

But aside from nasty vibrations.... it runs great. Starts right up too. No more pull pull pull.... sweat... pull some more. So far so good.
I will keep it local before I attempt my 15 mile weekly ride to a local concert. Bit further than I want to push it home. Gotta be sure I have a back up plan... (ie my neighbor with his pick up truck is willing to rescue me.) Meanwhile, plenty of neat places to ride only a few miles from home, I can hike that if I have to.

Art can you provide a closeup pic from the side and from front to back from the rear of the sprocket? Maybe we can see wassup?

So ok, discovered some stuff after uploading a few videos. You asked for photos but honestly those aren't much help.
So here, I plopped three short videos on my site....
http://artmakersworlds.com/testing/BikeRearDriveGear.html

Put descriptions on all three but will post my thoughts right here.
Looks like the whole gear is not centered. Video 1 shows near the axle best, whole gear bobs up and down. Not side to side which might end up with the chain coming off, but annoying as all get out.

Video 2 shows the inner mounting plate, doesn't appear to be on the same plane as the gear. I MIGHT be able to adjust that without removing the whole wheel, but still that gear is off....

Now video 3 disturbs me. The whole motor is sliding side to side just a tad. I had a HELL of a time mounting it. Should have been easy, off with old motor, on with new exact same size motor. Well not so easy. First I can't SEE the bottom of the mounting plate, had to feel around, finally got a grab with a tool and got it as tight as I could, doubt it will just fall off but wow. How bad is this?

Thanks in advance.... and... haha. I WILL be doing my long ride tonight after all. Hubby just popped in (trucker I don't get him but every other weekend usually.) So if I need a rescue, he can grab my car and trailer. Gonna just go for it. Be my last chance all summer. Cheers.

Attachments

• RearGearInside.JPG
    RearGearInside.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 83
  • RearGearOutside.JPG
    RearGearOutside.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 148
Couldn't get the videos to play, but if your sprocket is off center, wrap some masking tape around the hub until the hub is the same size as the hole in the sprocket. Then tighten the sprocket down.

wouldnt play? They are just basic MOV files.

And my account on youtube is F'ed! They HAD support on twitter, useless. Went around with those idiots for 2 years. Basically my channel was hacked TWICE in two months. They fixed it But not completely. I cannot change my password. I cannot even log out and in again. If I just go to gmail.com to log in I get some dumb OOPS you can go here error. ON every device, every browser. I can't fix that and aside from the idiots they put to answer twitter, there is no support from google at all. (Why I will NEVER buy a google product.) Then after I posted Biden needs to be tried for treason that was it, twitter banned me.

I suppose I could give it a try but holding out ZERO hope.

Chainlube, MASKING TAPE????? No. I can't see any way for masking tape to have a use here. Thing just needs to come off and be re installed correctly. Something a bike shop repair place couldn't handle.
If you don't already have it, install VLC. It's free and will play ANYTHING. Stuff that itunes or quick time won't, it will. Then download them and try.

BTW my long ride was canceled. Got a flat front tire. Wasn't meant to be.

There is a little bit of hub sticking out in this photo. You have to take the whole thing apart and wrap that hub with masking tape until the sprocket fits over squarely. then redo. Unless you don't want to do that, then it's just a matter of making sure the sprocket is centered all the way around the hub. The wheel has to come off either way.
reargearoutside-jpg.177583

Back