New project....

bike4life

Local time
4:13 AM
I am somewhat satisfied with my pusher trailer, but am going to create another project.

It is predator 212 rear chain drive....

I plan on it looking similar to the one in the picture....

But it will be a predator 212 engine instead
It will have a torque converter.
It will be a fat tire bike...

I plan on the main sprocket being bolted to the disc brake hub with one of these things.... https://www.amazon.com/CDHpower-Ada...et+adapter&qid=1576436470&s=automotive&sr=1-2

However, since the rear bike will no longer have its brake, i will use a caliper brake for it. The front will be disc brake, as default of the bike.
It should be fine, i can weld custom mounts and stuff for the 212....
Question: what sprocket size should i use.....

Attachments

• 1576436555744.png
    1576436555744.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 172
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Lol that thing is gonna wheelie SO MUCH with a TQ converter and a heavy 212 over the rear! Gonna be fun as hell, if not just dangerous and impractical. I do like it better than your pusher though.

Honestly with that setup and a converter you will be fighting wheelies like crazy so I'd go with a relatively smaller sprocket for a 212, like a 36-38t, but hard to say since I have never seen a rear mount 212. It will be adding over 40 pounds right over your rear wheel, so if you have a strudy bike rack load up that much weight on it and see how it handles. Your steering may be way too light at stock wheelbase. Assuming you load it up and don't mind that much weight over the back tire, as far as sprockets go if it were me I would test with a 36t first since you probably have one laying around and see how it feels.

Be careful, you are basically proposing a 50mph bike with a rear mount which will not be the safest thing.

some guy did this with a techuseh 5hp engine, he had some sort of jackshaft and his final drive was like 12:1

heres some pics of it (he selling it on facebook marketplace)

Since you can weld, make a drop loop frame from an existing steel bike. Put that 212 as low as it can go, in the middle of the bike. FNTPuck is probably very correct about it being a wheelie machine above the rear wheel. I don't think it would be able to ever keep the front wheel on the ground often unless you run at 1/4 throttle at all times.

If it becomes a wheely machine, i will add some angle iron linear with the frame and add a harbofreight wheel around 1ft-2ft in back of the tire. The wheel would be in line with the others but maybe 2" off the ground just only in use to prevent wheelies...

Or add some weight in the front to cancel it out... Or maybe hook up this bike to a wooden trailer i built for hauling stuff. I seriously doubt that it will wheelie if i attach it to a hauling trailer, and plus i could always use a hauling trailer on the bike for moving stuff.... Making a drop frame I could do but right now seems the most work but still on the table though...

Last edited:
I hope that you mean adding another 212 to the front :ROFLMAO:.
Edit: adding a trailer will make it more likely to wheelie.
You know i could attach my predator 212 pusher trailer to this rear drive!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a bike train with like 20hp....😆😆😆

Last edited:
Back