New ride

H

Hardcarve1

Just finished testing my new ride with a 50k ride that went great.
I used my old Honda 35cc and Staton gear box and did some alterations to alter the position of the engine closer to the seat. I also wanted the mount for the gearbox altered to better take the load from the output shaft on the gear box.
I used the mounting brackets for the frame as tourque brackets for the NuVincci hub rather than bolt the ugly Staton ones on. The frame is made out of 304 S/S as I live on the bay and will be polished after a bit more testing.
While my 60k trip to & from work on m conventional Staton with Honda 50 is still a little quicker, this system allows the Honda 35 to make up a lot of ground due to better acceleration. The 50 will go on soon though.

The sproket gearing 22t - 36t gives a top speed of about 47kmh a lot down on the 50 which I can get mid 60's.

Alex

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 208
Looks good ! It is good to see you installed this on a good bike, rather than a WallyWorld $69 junker.

Thats a very interesting way to set it up. You will like the NuVinci especially if you do any off roading like I do. Nice job now all it needs is some paint :)

absolutely fantastic outside the box concept, great execution. novel and solid functionality combined.

you deserve to be proud of that.

steve

Very clean... I don't like all the strong-arm framework that goes with the Staton kit. Your changes make it very clean and simple. CUDOS!

Makes me want to go Staton for the first time!

Ross

Props, I agree. One of the cleanest installs w/Staton gb I've seen. Wish you lived near me, I'd be over all the time. :LOL:

Looks very well done - staton is always a little over engineered, but I spose better safe than sorry..

hope you enjoy riding it

Jemma xx

Back