New to the forum - bike build

Well, I have been told that I do not communicate well, so I have already purchased the parts I listed earlier.
These are the pics of what I have, I just need to find some 13 gage spokes and a seat.

(sigh) I find 16g or even 18g spokes as long as you have 36 of them to be fine, using thicker spokes to me is a lot like using #41 drive chain, which in essence is like using ship anchor chain for your dingy row boat anchor, over kill to the max.

You have an internal 8, cool, but for for most people a 3 is great' but like you some need a bit more gearing flexibility for the terrain.

If you need more range sure, I recently finished an HS144 53cc with a NuVinci hub with an infinity variable rear hub, and have a 5-speed SA hub build in the bay right now.

2_Copper10GDoneRightDrive-.jpg.FP

Fortunately you bought a good engine in the HS 142HS-1G tapered shaft clutch attached engine, it's the gasbike POS transfer case that will screw you.

The very first thing (in my opinion) you need is to buy yourself a 4-G belt transfer case.
About $140 here.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4G-T-Belt-Transmission-Only.html

Start with that and you should have a bike that you actually spend more time riding than fixing bud ;-}

(sigh) I find 16g or even 18g spokes as long as you have 36 of them to be fine, using thicker spokes to me is a lot like using #41 drive chain, which in essence is like using ship anchor chain for your dingy row boat anchor, over kill to the max.

You have an internal 8, cool, but for for most people a 3 is great' but like you some need a bit more gearing flexibility for the terrain.

If you need more range sure, I recently finished an HS144 53cc with a NuVinci hub with an infinity variable rear hub, and have a 5-speed SA hub build in the bay right now.

2_Copper10GDoneRightDrive-.jpg.FP

Fortunately you bought a good engine in the HS 142HS-1G tapered shaft clutch attached engine, it's the gasbike POS transfer case that will screw you.

The very first thing (in my opinion) you need is to buy yourself a 4-G belt transfer case.
About $140 here.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4G-T-Belt-Transmission-Only.html

Start with that and you should have a bike that you actually spend more time riding than fixing bud ;-}
Would that transfer fit a 79 harbor freight style motor?

No

No, it only fits the HS 142-144F- 1G clutch attached engines.
The link was for the same case, but you pick for a 5/8th key shaft (comes with clutch attachment) or the tapered shaft for that specific engine you mentioned, which does not include the clutch attachment as the clutch is part of that engine already.

I have the same frame. It is 1 1/8" threadless headset. I have a 49cc 4 stroke. I had to go with the 153mm bottom bracket from sickbikes. It an offset bracket and gasbikes extra wide cranks. Most people on here are gasbike haters. Don't let it bother you. It's a great frame. With everything in this hobby you can drive yourself nuts with unforseen things that come up. There are even ways to use disk brakes on this fram. I have worked out most issues you will come across. So feel free to ask away. I was not going to post pictures until it was completely finished. But what the hell. I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Thank you for replying, it won't bother me. My friends said the same thing to me when I bought a 35hp 4X4 crate tractor from China. I looked at JD and Kabota and just the tractor was $15,500 and $15,000 respectively. I got the tractor, front end loader, finish mower, extra set of turf tires, roto tiller, backhoe, extra blades, tines, a tool box and tools and extra engine parts for $11,500. This was back in 2005 to 2007 time frame and as far as I know it still runs like a champ. What my nay saying friends did not know is that every tractor manufacturer's small tractors are made in China or India. They just rebadge them.

Back