nOOb in SW Fla.

Coupe

Local time
9:31 PM
Hey guys,
I'm down here in sunny Fla. I'm not yet on a MB but I've been considering this for a long time, and I am about to make the leap! I talked to a local law enforcement officer today and he advised me that there should be no issue with me operating a MB in town (Sarasota), so as soon as I get a DEFINITE answer from my local tag office about registration, I'm going to take the leap!

I know so little about what's good to have and what's not. I'm considering getting either a chopper or beach cruiser with a 48 cc, but with so many options I just don't know where to start. I have a Specialized Globe that I'm considering putting a motor on, but I am not sure if it has the right brakes, wheels, suspension, etc... I love the look of some of the choppers I've seen in the gallery, but I've also read that they are somewhat difficult to pedal (being in the flat lands of coastal Florida, I don't know if that would be an issue though).

If anyone can give me some helpful advice, it would be greatly appreciated, especially about frame types, brake type differences and QUALITY 48 cc motors. I'm sure that there are existing posts on almost all my questions, so just a point in the right direction would be great.
:giggle:

allso i live in wesley chapel,fl and i go all around and the cops just look at me and go about there way. i have had some come and look at it and sat it looks good but, they allso look at the ligths and the motor i used and just say be safe,so just do with i do look out for them and when you see them slow down,go back to pedaling and thin hit the throttle agine, just keep your eyes open. good luck!

Back