Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by WickedWheelz, May 28, 2011.

1. Randy Chunn

Randy Chunn Guest

I have ran Amsoil for 35 plus years at 100/1 in a brand new Jonsonred chain saw, and a 340 Kawasaki ultralight engine, airplane , no carbon build up and no plug foweling, and the best part , starts on first pull and runs cooler...

<
  2. Port it

Port it Guest

16:1 full synthetic for run in 20:1 after run in you will notice it's fouling up a bit but running better so my answer is 25:1 is perfect don't go to 30:1 unless you're ready to blow your engine these cheap China engines need more oil than 30:1 or pop goes the weasel!! You have been warned, castrol full synthetic race oil works for me if you have money to burn. If you're using cheap oil keep it at 20:1 that's what it says in the instruction manual for all 46cc 66cc 80cc bike engines.

3. Cozmik Mezzenger

Cozmik Mezzenger Active Member

Updated chart graphic.

Attached Files:

4. gasbiketommy

gasbiketommy New Member

Hey bud, remember, oil is essential, so treat you bike like your kid. Give it the best high performance 2cycle oil you can find, best spark plugs best fuel filter, and it gets great gas mileage so, use premium gas when you fill up. The cleaner the better. As for mixing, a lot of opinions will fly, the company usually makes a mixing guide, if you want to use that. But, just throw down the extra ten bucks to get premo stuff

5. gasbiketommy

gasbiketommy New Member

Hey guys, I feel it is always important to search the specifics on the engine itself, mine calls for 16:1 for the first two tanks, and 32:1 after that. But also that is for regular use. If you plan on modifying the motor to be high performance, I recomend a ratio with a bit, bit, BIT. More oil, to counter act the extra heat and stress. I hope this helped. Plus, be good to your bike, spend a little extra for premium gas, and premium oil. The guys I know who are always saying, "man, these China motors suck"... they are the guy who don't get the little extras. I get HD studs, mounts, etc. treat your engine like you care, and logic dictates it will obviously last longer, and run stronger.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  6. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Active Member

I have been using general purpose 2 cycle oil, whatever's available.

I eyeball a half of the 3$ bottle to a gallon. I break in a full 3$ bottle to a gallon.

I did start adding LEAD SUBSTITUTE and it's incredible, 0.5 oz to a gallon.

Has a smoother operation and crisper compression, super slick.