Paper Work Carried - if stopped by police ?

i ride in ca. too

i carry a copy of all of the codes by the chp and i work with them! i work for the state of ca. and everyone i have talk to say the samething you do not need a license, etc. i also ride to and from work havent been pulled over yet and asked!:rolleyes:

The website of the CHP says http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/motors.html ;

Motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, motorized bicycle/moped (Section 406(a) VC)

* Must obtain an M-1 or M-2 endorsement on a driver's license.
* M-1 allows the driver to operate a motorcycle, motor-driven cycle and moped
* M-2 allows for operation of a moped or motorized bicycle only.
* To obtain an M-1 or M-2 endorsement, the driver must:
o Pass the appropriate written exam
o Pass riding skills test (DMV will accept certificate of competence from an approved novice motorcyclist training program instead of skills test, such as the California Motorcyclist Safety Program).
o If the individual is under 21 years of age, mandatory successful completion of a Basic Rider education course approved by the CHP is required, such as the Basic Rider course available through the California Motorcyclist Safety Program.

So if what you say is true, thats just blahhhhhh. -_-

yes I think that's what the Calif CHP site says alright
guess the question may be at this time is
are they making up their own laws ??

DMV -- at least here in El Cajon seems to be leaning the other way

ride that thing

yes I think that's what the Calif CHP site says alright
guess the question may be at this time is
are they making up their own laws ??

DMV -- at least here in El Cajon seems to be leaning the other way

ride that thing

hey mountainman where can i get the same paper work you have, all regulations printed and emails? i want to be ready too. :helmet:

To the best of my knowledge you dont need jack to ride these things in california... my local sherriff/CHP/police dont even notice me. If somebody stops you I would kindly tell them to shove it and stop wasting taxpayer time.

If you are paranoid... find and print out the actual law that states you dont need a license. I doubt an e-mail will help anything.

Just a thought. The police are doing their job to the best of their ability, yes some are jerks but most are not. The reverse applies differently, most they deal with are jerks and some are not.
My tactic is simple. I have found that what I ride is legal. If given a citation, I would fight it in the court. The police officer might be wrong, but on the side of the road is not the place to argue your case.

with the rising popularity of MB's , the fuzz up and down California are getting wise to the actual law, M2 endoursement, Registration, DOT helmet.
i ride in L.A. O.C. and beach communities and this is what is all coming to lately

To the best of my knowledge you dont need jack to ride these things in california... my local sherriff/CHP/police dont even notice me. If somebody stops you I would kindly tell them to shove it and stop wasting taxpayer time.

If you are paranoid... find and print out the actual law that states you dont need a license. I doubt an e-mail will help anything.

also as i said in the post above, YOU DO NEED JACK TO RIDE THESE IN CALIFORNIA.

Back