Passengers ?

In the USA it's illegal in all states to carry a passenger on a bicycle designed for one person. The exception to this is, if it's a small infant/toddler in an approved carrying device designed to be attached to the bicycle or rider.

So if you're wanting to pick up a passenger you need to do a tandem build. Another option would be a pull behind trailer that can hold up to 400 lbs.

Doing a U-turn at a light is also illegal, and yet, untold number sof people do it every day.
So is human trafficking, and yet, all western governemnts - including the US - are engaging in precisely that, every day - on a MASSIVE scale.
Discrimination based on race, religion and such are also illegal, but the very people who created those laws are some of the worst offenders.
Curious, no ?
I'm guessing none of you have ever taken a pretty girl home from the beach.....

Doing a U-turn at a light is also illegal, and yet, untold number sof people do it every day.
So is human trafficking, and yet, all western governemnts - including the US - are engaging in precisely that, every day - on a MASSIVE scale.
Discrimination based on race, religion and such are also illegal, but the very people who created those laws are some of the worst offenders.
Curious, no ?
I'm guessing none of you have ever taken a pretty girl home from the beach.....
I don't think most cops would care if you had a passenger. My main concern is a bicycle is only built for 1 person. You would need some strong components to have a passenger. Maybe if you used some motorcycle wheels and a sturdy frame you'd be able to.

Years ago, I saw families of four piled on a beater motor cycle, old truck with no wind screen, loaded beyond the max with cord showing tires, no worries. Mazatlan in the late 80's. My first trip to third world countries.
What a silver spoon in my mouth. even though I'm poor by our standards compared to others, I'm styling.

Back