Question for GW

sherron82

Local time
8:22 AM
Hey buddy did you ever figure out the alignment of your chain with those new rims? Just curious know cause I plan on getting either them or the 3 spoke mag rims

Oh ok and do you think if I got those same rims and put them on my Kent bayside 7 speed will work. But Im gonna try to convert it over to a single speed. Just don't wanna buy them and then have alignment issues ya know. Even with the mag rims how does a person k ow if they will even line up right?

I put the tires and rims that came on the bayside and tried to use them on my titan pioneer but it's like the rear one want fit, rear rim sets kinda offset and makes my chain alignment slightly off.

Measure the distance between the over-locking nuts on the wheel and the distance between the rear forks.

As for the tires and rims, the bead seat diameter has to match. Easiest way to check is to read the side wall of the tire. Should say two numbers, the first is the tire width the second is the bead seat diameter. Example: a 26x2 tire might say 55-559, 55mm for the width(2 inch, about) and the bsd of 26 inch mtb tires is 559 mm.

A gravel bike or a 29er may have a 53-622. 53mm width, 622 bsd, after inflated the actual diameter is about 29 inches.

Screenshot_20240401-150931.png

Just in case you didn't know.

Click a username, then click "send private message"

Back