Solid axle conversion

Like this but you may need 10 mm.
Great price, doubt they will ship to Canada without charging you an arm and a leg.
If you simply take the QR axle and cones to a reputable bicycle shop they'll know exactly what size cro-molly axle to replace it with.

The quick release skewer isn't the axle. Its just used to tighten. The actual axle is a tube of heat treated steel with very thick walls.
Generally when someone refers to a QR axle they're referring to the entire axle not individual components of the axle. Notice I specifically said take the QR axle and cones nuts to a reputable bicycle shop.

I used a QR axle on the front wheel of the LandRider for 10 years without a problem. I still wouldn’t recommend one as a rear axle especially if it's on a multi-speed freewheel hub. In all honesty, I couldn't tell you how they might hold up on a cassette hub. The only hollow tube axles I've known not to have problems are found on internal geared hubs.

When you get the new solid axle be sure to get all the nuts and washers that go with it. I had a hard time finding mine. The threads are different than anything you'll find at ACE or H.D., at least where I live.

When you get the new solid axle be sure to get all the nuts and washers that go with it. I had a hard time finding mine. The threads are different than anything you'll find at ACE or H.D., at least where I live.
Very unlikely, a hardware store will be carring a bicycle cro-molly axle. However, a reputable bicycle shop will have everything you need.

Back