Bent axle, Any suggestions?

Hey guys,

So bikes just about ready (Still have breaks to fix) but long story short, I'm having really bad tuning issues and I have no idea how tuning on a 2 stroke works. I know people send around a pdf doc of sorts to help with that butt I can't seem to find it. I've attached a video showing what I mean. But basically it doesn't like to start and just fires once and just soft cycles and when I do get it running pushing in the throttle, it really doesn't want to go and it sound like a muffled chainsaw. I've linked a video via google drive if you guys would like to see start up and a basic throttle range.

Well, it runs. I believe you should just ride gently and let it break in. Make sure you have enough oil in your gas. They all seem to run pretty rough at the beginning. With some luck it will improve with time.

Once you have some miles on it you can try and improve it's performance. Don't forget to check the head bolts once it cools down completely.

Well, it runs. I believe you should just ride gently and let it break in. Make sure you have enough oil in your gas. They all seem to run pretty rough at the beginning. With some luck it will improve with time.

Once you have some miles on it you can try and improve it's performance. Don't forget to check the head bolts once it cools down completely.
Hm ok. I forgot what I’m running mix wise but it’s a higher oil ratio that I definitely know. My only problem is that it won’t idle. Even when the clutch is pulled and it’s just really hard to start. I forgot to mention that if I put on the choke and cycle a few times it will fire and stay running for a few minutes then cut out.

You have that reed block and fancy carb. I can't really help you with that as I have no experience at all with that set up. One thing I did notice is the carb is on quite an angle, that may have something to do with it?

Maybe someone else could throw down a few things to check?

. I forgot to mention that if I put on the choke and cycle a few times it will fire and stay running for a few minutes then cut out.
That all sound normal, from the video, it sure looks like it is running rich. Does it smell like raw fuel in your garage after running it? The white mist from the exhaust looks like fuel. You probably need a float adjustment, if you drop it down a mil it will most likely clear up.

That all sound normal, from the video, it sure looks like it is running rich. Does it smell like raw fuel in your garage after running it? The white mist from the exhaust looks like fuel. You probably need a float adjustment, if you drop it down a mil it will most likely clear up.
Yes it does. I've been running it richer than normal because if I drop the jets down more the thing dies out. I was running a 30 jet in it before and it really wasn't liking that, but I guess that was before I patched the leaks so I maybe it'll fix it come to think. I'll mess around with it in a bit.

Yes it does. I've been running it richer than normal because if I drop the jets down more the thing dies out. I was running a 30 jet in it before and it really wasn't liking that, but I guess that was before I patched the leaks so I maybe it'll fix it come to think. I'll mess around with it in a bit.
The carb should have an idle mixture screw too, near the bowl, by the intake side. Something else to look at, more fun.

Hi again sorry to revive this post again for the millionth time but I still can't get this engine to run right. I've dropped my current jets to 90 (main) and 30 (pilot) and the thing still runs like absolute crap. 30 is the smallest jet I have and the bike has such a hard time starting and when it does start it just sounds awful like its gurgling water and both my cylinder and the rest of the top end are caked in black unburned fuel and its so bad to the point where the end tip of my exhaust is caked. I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong it's like no matter what I do the thing is either running too rich or just won't run at all.

Attachments

• IMG_5115.jpg
    IMG_5115.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5116.jpg
    IMG_5116.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 28
Back