Pedal crank hitting exhaust

bikes4ever

Local time
12:12 PM
As the tittle states, guys what are my options, my crank needs about maybe half an inch or less clearance.

can you heat your muffler's header with a torch n bend it away? 1/2" is too much to sand or grind off the crank and dimpling the stock muffler that much is bad too. 3/16" you could get away with it. I had that issue with my road bike, first I tried an extra gasket to move muffler forward, but no dice. then I had the keen idea to make a flange spacer that was thicker on one side than the other to angle it away from a piece of 1/4" scrap aluminum.
budget fix,, I didn't want to file the engine mount or get a wider crankset

haha yea i kinda dont want to buy a new cranky thing for some reason.... man I wish they had crank extenders like the pedal ones. I'll most likey have my dad help with the torch and bending this weekend.

You Can try Flipping it so it faces Up i've seen few peeps do this

Or you can find a car with a Hitch and use the hitch to bend the exhaust *while its off the engine* i've done this doing this method also makes it so you won't have the burn mark from a torch

OR OR spend $12 and get offsetCrank ARMS look at the right ones and itll add a Nice bend on the arms which would clear your muffler without having to get a full on extended crank

Distant can you give me some links to the offsetcrank, do they have to be a certain size or its like one size for these things

I cold bent my exhaust by putting a 3/8ths drive ratchet handle up through a heavy butcher's board work bench
20190404_183555.jpg

Then i put the exhaust pipe over the handle and pulled like hell lol. Was hard but i got it where i needed to work minimal distortion to the finish on the pipe.
20190404_183242.jpg

They do! Just flip the cylinder around and pay a bit of attention on the gasket.

Back