Phantom 85 upgrades

Just my 2 cents. Don't mod it until after break in at a minimum. At least not unless you are willing to sacrifice the warranty like I was. The only thing I suggest is to keep an eye on the jetting and make sure it isn't too lean. If you need a larger main jet it is a 99101-124. Consider bumping up to a 75 if needed.

I'll probably need bigger than a 75 consider im only 600 or so feet above see level I use a 85 on my zeda 80

IMG20220914162050.jpg

This is the carburetor that comes with it yes I have an extra already it came with my dio block idk why there is no way to attach it but they sent it anyway

I'll probably need bigger than a 75 consider im only 600 or so feet above see level I use a 85 on my zeda 80
I port matched and opened up my intake and a 78 is just a touch lean and an 80 is just a touch rich.

I am at 1100ft. That isn't anywhere near enough of an altitude difference to require a change on its own.

As for mods you can do, the carburetor and exhaust is probably your best bet. I imagine the porting is good over 9k rpm so you probably don't need to port it. For a carb, I'm partial to the pwk 21, not sure how it'll work out on a phantom though. For the exhaust you'll need to fabricate something yourself. The exhaust port diameter is huge compared to a 66cc, so keep that in mind as well.

This little tidbit has me wondering if these folks know WTF they're talking about. Why? Well... everyone knows the petcock filter sucks [edit: Let me be clear...it really doesn't suck... it's more or less out of sight out of mind and when it gets clogged, it's a PITA to replace vs an in-line.]... AND Bicycle-Engines.com includes an in-line filter with their Phantom 85 kit (because THEY know more about this crap evidently than the author of that manual).
And even in the manual all the bikes have inline fuel filters. Lol

I love how even the manual even has the filter installed as well..lol

I wouldn't know since if you see pics of my bike, you will never see an external gas filter on it...I have never had the in the tank filter ever clog on me but that might be because I always make sure the tank is totally free of anything that might be in it during its manufacture...I also make sure that my gas jerry jugs are kept in a place with no dust, dirt, etc and always wipe down the spout tubing before refueling.
Yeah but how does the filter cause the bikes to fail?

And even in the manual all the bikes have inline fuel filters. Lol
I love how even the manual even has the filter installed as well..lol
Yeah but how does the filter cause the bikes to fail?
You need to start reading the 1000s of things we have written here in the forums on P85s not just one or two posts, as well as the fact we have talked to bicycle-engines.com personally and have recorded our correspondence here in the forums already covering the warranty and manual issues.

We have already addressed fuel filter and synthetic oil usage as the warranty and manual is concerned which is being corrected of errors I have pointed out to them.

This will specifically address those warranty questions that have so far been answered and where the manual was in error, as I had brought it to their attention to fix.

The rest of the many posts in entire thread, will bring you up to current speed as we have already covered this territory many, many times already.

Back