Phatmoto 79cc (more power)?

Hello! Im new to four stroke engines on these bikes as ive been putting a lot of my time into two strokes. I have learned a lot here about them and ive managed to hit about 60-70 kmh on a two stroke. Recently, ive started to get interested in four stroke bikes because they seem more reliable. But sadly i am not very educated on the subject. I was just wondering if there are ways to modify and maybe even make these engine more powerful? Ill gladly be educated about them. Any suggestions are welcome :)

I just want to be able to keep up with traffic is my priority
My top level ground speed is 30 mph, yet I have no problem riding in traffic. The reason is I obey traffic laws, I'm seen, I'm predictable, and I communicate. Be sure to watch all 3 videos. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.

I guess the only real top speed performance gain i could get is switching the 50t sprocket to a smaller one? Although ill lose torque :(
Have you disabled the governor yet? Being mechanically governed to 3600rpm limits you to 20ish mph at wot on flat ground. Disable the governor will get you 33ish mph at wot and confortable cruising at 25ish on the stock 50t rear sprocket, ime. Disabling the governor and using a smaller sprocket can get you to 30mph cruise, while leaving some 'headroom' for hills. You might need to pedal some, pulling from a dead stop, tho. The alternative is to swap engines. The lifan doesn't make enough power to efficiently drive a cvt/torque converter transmission as-is and a carb swap + straight pipe exhaust doesn't add enough power. High perf parts don't seem to be available for it. Predator 79 is a common replacement as is honda gxh100. Either can work with cvt/torque converter. The p79 being less expensive and the honda is closest to being a bolt-in replacement (also smoother and more powerful) . I've ridden phatmotos with each, and the honda is a cleaner conversion with better performance than the p79 imo. Once I've saved enough nickels and dimes, I'll be doing the honda+cvt conversion to my All Terrain. Fwiw, any speed upgrades should be accompanied by wheel and jack-shaft bearing upgrades, as the originals are a bit on the cheesy side...

Have fun! ☺️

Realistically speaking, if your running your bike on the streets, what are the speed limits???...What speed is too fast when something on the bike fails or someones car hits you and you hit the pavement???

I cruise everyday at between 30 to 35 MPH which is the average intown speeds most everywhere, even though my bike I know will do 50+ MPH with the P-85 motor...if your able to do an average of 42 MPH...what in hell are you talking about when you say you need to keep up with traffic???
I'm passing cars at regular street legal speeds...Give me a break...lol.
Sorry, my wording should have been better. I can keep-up with traffic with the two stroke yes. But i want to as well with the four stroke. They are only advertising 25mph. And yes. I have hit pavement going 50kmh. That s**t hurts

Luckily i did not hit anything directly, My back tire slipped and a bailed :)

Have you disabled the governor yet? Being mechanically governed to 3600rpm limits you to 20ish mph at wot on flat ground. Disable the governor will get you 33ish mph at wot and confortable cruising at 25ish on the stock 50t rear sprocket, ime. Disabling the governor and using a smaller sprocket can get you to 30mph cruise, while leaving some 'headroom' for hills. You might need to pedal some, pulling from a dead stop, tho. The alternative is to swap engines. The lifan doesn't make enough power to efficiently drive a cvt/torque converter transmission as-is and a carb swap + straight pipe exhaust doesn't add enough power. High perf parts don't seem to be available for it. Predator 79 is a common replacement as is honda gxh100. Either can work with cvt/torque converter. The p79 being less expensive and the honda is closest to being a bolt-in replacement (also smoother and more powerful) . I've ridden phatmotos with each, and the honda is a cleaner conversion with better performance than the p79 imo. Once I've saved enough nickels and dimes, I'll be doing the honda+cvt conversion to my All Terrain. Fwiw, any speed upgrades should be accompanied by wheel and jack-shaft bearing upgrades, as the originals are a bit on the cheesy side...

Have fun! ☺️
Thank you for the great reply! I really do love tinkering with these motors and im glad there are options as well for four strokes. I think i will give it a go! :) 2 strokes have been giving headaches recently and i needed a break 😂😂😂

Thank you for the great reply! I really do love tinkering with these motors and im glad there are options as well for four strokes. I think i will give it a go! :) 2 strokes have been giving headaches recently and i needed a break 😂😂😂
What carb is on that engine?

Have fun! ☺️
Also, shoot me a message or make a post if you decide to do the conversion. Im very interested, if anything ill probably give in and do the same haha. Im willing to learn

Sorry, my wording should have been better. I can keep-up with traffic with the two stroke yes. But i want to as well with the four stroke. They are only advertising 25mph. And yes. I have hit pavement going 50kmh. That s**t hurts

Luckily i did not hit anything directly, My back tire slipped and a bailed :)
Unless you're wanting to get on interstates and/or freeways, you should be able to ride in traffic at 25 mph if you have good cycling skills.

Also, shoot me a message or make a post if you decide to do the conversion. Im very interested, if anything ill probably give in and do the same haha. Im willing to learn
Will do! Probably be a while tho... Not many nickels left over these days. Retirement and soc security leaves little extra. But, i have my priorities straight, so the gxh100 is definitely in my future 😎

Back