Phoenix Police wanted to ticket me!

I would like a copy of the judges decision decision (4 pages) if you can't e-mail it to me. I had a few people told me that they were being stop by policemen and didn't want to buy a e-bike because of these issue. :) jennyhom@msn.com

Looking for ARS 28-2516 motor e-bike law information

I have a few people who are interested in purchase e-bikes, but they are hesitating about purchasing it because it has a motor. I told them the motor isn't strong enough to be a scooter or motorcycle. It should be only 50 cc. They don't believe me about the law. That is why I need your help! I got to find the AZ law for motorize e-bikes. There is only one e-bike company in Phoenix and this is what the e-bikes look like if you look at the link. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/bik/742746768.html.
These is the new models for 2008. I don't want these people who purchase the e-bikes and get harass my the police. If they do get a ticket from the policeman what should they do? Should they present this case in front of the the judge and fight the ticket? Is it possible to win these case. I have been searching and searching for an answer. Please help me, Thank you!

Welcome to MBc, Phoenixproduce. Please stop by the introduction forum and introduce yourself. Looking at your Craigslist ad, you mention that it's an electric bike, yet you also mention that the engine size is 50cc. I always equate sizing listed in cubic centimeters as indicating an internal combustion engine. Can you elaborate?

me n azvinnie buy our e-bike and lighting batteries from her...she is a cool chick
her bikes are really heavy duty compared to a normal bicycle...more of a light motorcycle caliber
if I was into a slower bike, I would probably buy 1 from her, but I like my little 2smoker to much to convert :LOL:

phoenixproduce, either e-mail me, or private message me thru this forum, I will let you know how to ease your customers' minds

First, bicycles are not allowed on the sidewalk in Arizona. Motorized or not.

Second, the statue you need to reference is A.R.S. 28-2516.

Third - is the bike in question an electric bike or a gas motored bike? Because the Craigslist ad refs a 50cc engine, which IS illegal in AZ as a bicycle. As a moped, yes, but, not a bicycle. In Az, the maximum displacement is "forty-eight cubic centimeters or less."

I have a few people who are interested in purchase e-bikes, but they are hesitating about purchasing it because it has a motor. I told them the motor isn't strong enough to be a scooter or motorcycle. It should be only 50 cc. They don't believe me about the law. That is why I need your help! I got to find the AZ law for motorize e-bikes. There is only one e-bike company in Phoenix and this is what the e-bikes look like if you look at the link. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/bik/742746768.html.
These is the new models for 2008. I don't want these people who purchase the e-bikes and get harass my the police. If they do get a ticket from the policeman what should they do? Should they present this case in front of the the judge and fight the ticket? Is it possible to win these case. I have been searching and searching for an answer. Please help me, Thank you!

What I see in that ad may not qualify for the AZ exemption.

Back