Piston problems

these things are crazy man, we really have to pamper them with modifications and tried and true upgrades.

the PK80s I get need two of the thick fiber gaskets at the base (someday, I might see if three of the heavy black gaskets will work, but for the thin paper gaskets, I doubt one could get enough of them in there to work)

You can get gasket material by the sheet at a automotive store just gotta trace and cut.

the PK80s I get need two of the thick fiber gaskets at the base (someday, I might see if three of the heavy black gaskets will work, but for the thin paper gaskets, I doubt one could get enough of them in there to work)
I'm curious about the engines you are getting. The engines I am getting lately are A80's. They come with a double base gasket, B type piston, 69.65mm jug length, and 40mm stroke. The rod says ZL40mm on it. The PK80's I am getting have a single base gasket, A type piston, 70.5mm jug length, and 40mm stroke. No mark on the rod.

Base gasket is on plus i added head gaskets.

Iam Connecticut
I would do like crassius says and double the base gasket. They may have sent you the wrong jug for your type engine. You can see the differing jug heights on A and B type engines.

I'm curious about the engines you are getting. The engines I am getting lately are A80's. They come with a double base gasket, B type piston, 69.65mm jug length, and 40mm stroke. The rod says ZL40mm on it. The PK80's I am getting have a single base gasket, A type piston, 70.5mm jug length, and 40mm stroke. No mark on the rod.

I hate to make universal statements about these motors, as one never knows do one, but it would seem that most A80s are 40mm stroke & 40mm rods while most PK80s are 40mm stroke & 38mm rod.

As rule of thumb from outside of motor, I note that a bit of extra vibration at low speed and a bit more low end torque seems to indicate the motor is the short rod type.

Only opening it up and measuring center to center on rod bearings would tell for sure.

You can get gasket material by the sheet at a automotive store just gotta trace and cut.

with base gasket thickness critical to piston clearance and to port timing, I suspect those days are over unless one can do very careful measurements of final gasket height after torquing

Back