PLEASE NEED HELP ASAP with the magneto side oil seal and the little spring inside PLEASE!!!!

Nate Livingood

Local time
10:35 PM
So I am doing maintenance on my engine (Half Breed66cc). this is my first time taking the clutch assembly COMPLETELY apart for a deep clean and grease. My engine has always ran like a top until here recently I noticed more vibration and It just doesn't sound right and acting normally. When you ride something everyday you can just tell when something isn't right. Anyway, to get to my problem I took the seal off the main drive gear greased it and replaced the seal no problem. Then I took the little gear off and saw what I thought was a regular seal like the first one except it look kind Ove melted like it got hot. so I go to prying and wiggling and I'm thinking I just discovered the problem this bearing is fried and I thought I was pulling the whole bearing out.....NO it was the oil seal I now know. but somewhere in the prying and pulling I broke the little spring and I have no clue what it's function is or if it is necessary to have it at all??? So can someone shed some light on this for me. What is the function of this spring? Is it necessary to get your spark and if so how to re-install it and Can I rig this spring up by twisting the ends together Until I can get a new one? Please anyone who has knowledge on this subject shed some on me because I thought I knew everything about my motor and apparently in the million times ive taken it apart I Never have taken the front bearings or oil seals out and ran across this little round spring. PLEASE HELP!!!!

It is part of the seal. The spring keeps the shape of the seal. You will need to get a new seal.

agree that spring is needed and should be replaced rather than fixed - normally, one NEVER takes seals off unless they are bad

in your post, I can't tell which seal it is (there are only two) and one is under the small bevel gear (which could be called main drive gear I suppose)

sounds like you are working on things you shouldn't be

agree that spring is needed and should be replaced rather than fixed - normally, one NEVER takes seals off unless they are bad

in your post, I can't tell which seal it is (there are only two) and one is under the small bevel gear (which could be called main drive gear I suppose)

sounds like you are working on things you shouldn't be
I love how arrogant people like to try and bash other people instead of helping witch I thought a forum was for. actually I should be working on these things because its called preventative maintenance for a reason....to prevent bad things from happening, I am very qualified to work on these little motors as I have worked on diesel and gas engines my whole life pretty much since I could walk I just never tore my motorized bike engine down that far never had to. For your information I have since tore the engine completely apart split the case and all every nut and bolt just so I know exactly what I'm dealing with if another issue shall arise and also so I don't have to read smartass comments from assholes like you. Sounds like to me you have low self esteem and no social network of friends so you get your rocks off by trying to downgrade people online and make yourself seem tough but in all actuality your a nobody who sits on the couch all day online trying to remember the last time you got some p**sy..... prolly never cause no girls like arrogance and immature retards like yourself oh and my bike has been clocked by a radar at 64 mph (my uncle is a cop) what you got on that. I know more than you think about these little motors and I would like to see what yours looks like mr. know it all. Thanks for all your sound advise dickhead.........not!!!!!

I love how arrogant people like to try and bash other people instead of helping witch I thought a forum was for. actually I should be working on these things because its called preventative maintenance for a reason....to prevent bad things from happening, I am very qualified to work on these little motors as I have worked on diesel and gas engines my whole life pretty much since I could walk I just never tore my motorized bike engine down that far never had to. For your information I have since tore the engine completely apart split the case and all every nut and bolt just so I know exactly what I'm dealing with if another issue shall arise and also so I don't have to read smartass comments from assholes like you. Sounds like to me you have low self esteem and no social network of friends so you get your rocks off by trying to downgrade people online and make yourself seem tough but in all actuality your a nobody who sits on the couch all day online trying to remember the last time you got some p**sy..... prolly never cause no girls like arrogance and immature retards like yourself oh and my bike has been clocked by a radar at 64 mph (my uncle is a cop) what you got on that. I know more than you think about these little motors and I would like to see what yours looks like mr. know it all. Thanks for all your sound advise dickhead.........not!!!!!
Evidently you don't know diddly squat about seals, bwahahaha!

Evidently you don't know diddly squat about seals, bwahahaha!
Correction: I didn't know anything about them. if you read the post you would read that I have since tore my motor down completely every nut and bolt. And could do it blind folded now. I have a whole new bike now with a motor built by Fred Cheminski on it if you know who that is, bwahahaha!!!!!

images.jpg

Its a rough world. Get acquainted with the smarty pants sarcasm carried amongst us in this forum. A lot of testosterone floating around.
LoL
Ive found helpful info in YouTube videos.
Ha ha ha

Seems to me commen sence eludes you! If you dont know about seals when every engine has them including deisel's and you hadn't tore your engine down that far before,Most folks would have looked it up or asked for help.The first one you removed is a sheild for the bearing not a seal,So Chill Out you asked for help and made it appear that you're not that experianced by how you described your issue.Crassius is a very helpful member and I'm sure has plenty more experiance with these engines.And your claiming to have done 64 on a cranbrook?with what gearing,and what engine work? Oh yeah you hadn't even tore you engine down completly to do the required work LOL what ever Dude!

Back