PLEASE NEED HELP ASAP with the magneto side oil seal and the little spring inside PLEASE!!!!

No weed needed for this thread. Lmao
On a side note my peacock fuel control thingy on my new tank. Forgot Teflon between thread. Fkn leaking. Now I gotta be careful removing tank to fix without fkn up the mounting screws again.
LoL
Other than that. My GAS powered bike runs gr8.
Oh stupid Blue LEDs underglow. Vibration and s**t fkn not staying illuminated at high throttle speeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
No weed needed for this thread. Lmao
On a side note my peacock fuel control thingy on my new tank. Forgot Teflon between thread. Fkn leaking. Now I gotta be careful removing tank to fix without fkn up the mounting screws again.
LoL
Other than that. My GAS powered bike runs gr8.
Oh stupid Blue LEDs underglow. Vibration and sh*t fkn not staying illuminated at high throttle speeds.
Why would you need to remove the tank just to put teflon on the petcock?An O ring makes a better seal than the supplied washer.Teflon is not for use with gasoline it breaks down rather quickly and turns into a gooey crap that will clog your filter in the petock and orifices in the carb easily.Any way just drain the tank into your fuel container and remove petcock then put O ring and good for years.

Is that the rusty red colored O ring that comes with tank & peacock replacement? I put the O ring on. I couldnt get it tight enough without the control lever pushed upside down against the frame.
I can't twist peacock off without removing tank. Really tight fit.

Attachments

• 15407502897273238105764053186441.jpg
    15407502897273238105764053186441.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 156
Correction: I didn't know anything about them. if you read the post you would read that I have since tore my motor down completely every nut and bolt. And could do it blind folded now. I have a whole new bike now with a motor built by Fred Cheminski on it if you know who that is, bwahahaha!!!!!
sounds like a good choice to have someone else put it back together

Why would you need to remove the tank just to put teflon on the petcock?An O ring makes a better seal than the supplied washer.Teflon is not for use with gasoline it breaks down rather quickly and turns into a gooey crap that will clog your filter in the petock and orifices in the carb easily.Any way just drain the tank into your fuel container and remove petcock then put O ring and good for years.
If I over tighten peacock past hand tightening with wrench? Wouldn't that cause same issue that happens when over tightening tank mounting screws? Or is that area stronger?

It's stronger. Put some oil on the o ring, keeps it from tearing and helps it seal.
Thanx. Usually they send proper hardware. I had to use the mounting brackets and screws off old tank and I'm assuming supplied rusty reddish thing is a spacer. Not an O ring? O rings are rubber right? Not looking foward to removing tank again. Its not leaking. Just can see its wet. Not dripping.

So back to seals. Where (besides ebay) can I get good seals from? Most look like garbage that I have found.

There are two types of seal for these engines,first being the most commen and that's a single lip type,the lip is the inside edge that actually does the sealing around crank shaft.The other is a double lip style and these can with stand higher cranking pressures and seal up really well.There are also different materials such as rubber the cheap China one's or nitrile and viton being more expensive but not that bad considering what it does LOL.

Last edited:
Back