Predator on a Huffy Cranbrook

My metal pieces came in today and I want to make a mount similar to yours. Could you please let us know how you mounted the engine to the 3/8 plate? Did you countersink the bolt heads or make holes in the angle? Any pics of the bottom of your mount. Appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. Thanks

My metal pieces came in today and I want to make a mount similar to yours. Could you please let us know how you mounted the engine to the 3/8 plate? Did you countersink the bolt heads or make holes in the angle? Any pics of the bottom of your mount. Appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. Thanks

Sorry MadCat, i didn't see this till now, my 79cc predator came with a sheet metal mounting plate and 4 flange head bolts, i used the bolts to mount my 3/8 alum plate using a counter bored hole, the holes in my motor were as much as 2mm off location from the specs in manual, glad i checked there locatin first.

If you are still interested in this topic let me know and i will post some pics.
Again, sorry for the delayed response.

No problem, it’s been raining so much here in Houston that I haven’t been able to do much on my bike. If you would post more pics that would be great. I’m sure others admire your work as well and want to make this mounting plate too. I still have my metal pieces that I haven’t touched yet.
Thanks

Also, what size is your sprocket hub adapter? I wanted to order one but I’m not sure what size Huffy bikes use. Thanks

Also, what size is your sprocket hub adapter? I wanted to order one but I’m not sure what size Huffy bikes use. Thanks
You have to get some kind of caliper, and feed it down through the Spocks and measure your hub

I'll post some pics later today or tomorrow

My hub adapter rotated under load coming to rest against 3 spokes, not good

Before buying a hub adapter, consider just upgrading the hubs, i bought a front and rear forged aluminum mountain bike hub set with disc rotor flanges for $24 shipped, they have a more substantial bearing than my cranbrook hubs, i added a caliper mount to my fork, will use a sprocket with iso hole patern on rear,

better hubs, better sprocket mount, and platform for front brakes for $24

Better option than hub adapter IMO

My hub adapter rotated under load coming to rest against 3 spokes, not good

Before buying a hub adapter, consider just upgrading the hubs, i bought a front and rear forged aluminum mountain bike hub set with disc rotor flanges for $24 shipped, they have a more substantial bearing than my cranbrook hubs, i added a caliper mount to my fork, will use a sprocket with iso hole patern on rear,

better hubs, better sprocket mount, and platform for front brakes for $24

Better option than hub adapter IMO

Back