"PureStock" Zeda80 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm moving on to the stock exhaust next to finish up the stock parts modifications.

The cap at the front I'll have to cut open so i can get to everything inside and fully gut the canister.

Once the canister is gutted, I'll be cutting the pipe off behind the front cap...not flush but maybe leaving about an 1/8 inch.

The back cap will come off and I'll cut the stinger leaving only about 3 inches in total length and drilling another hole next to the stinger to add a second stinger also at 3 inches using the section of stinger pipe I cut off.

Weld the front cap back on and call it a day.

Last edited:
I'm moving on to the stock exhaust next to finish up the stock parts modifications.

The cap at the front I'll have to cut open so i can get to everything inside and fully gut the canister.

Once the canister is gutted, I'll be cutting the pipe off behind the front cap...not flush but maybe leaving about an 1/8 inch.

The back cap will come off and I'll cut the stinger leaving only about 3 inches in total length and drilling another hole next to the stinger to add a second stinger also at 3 inches using the section of stinger pipe I cut off.

Weld the front cap back on and call it a day.
I would be tempted to use a slightly longer piece of pipe to replace the stock muffler outer "canister", having gone to all that effort. (It's actually my current plan, sort of)

Will you have the engine mounted (or at least mocked up) on the bike before you modify your pipe?

Last edited:
I'm only cutting the pipe off inside the canister....the rest of the pipe will be stock and mount as it would stock.

Quick subject change.

Better pic of the new chamber.
IMG_20171231_234406.jpg

Got this in mail today at work.
I'll compare it to the modded stock pipe.

Zeda66
IMG_20180103_123954.jpg

Yea,seems to be the same design pipe with everybody putting their name on it.

Has a bigger diameter opening on the flange than a stock pipe but still small....I fixed that today when I got home.
IMG_20180103_180730.jpg

Started the polishing of the piston top.
It's currently finished with 2500 paper and I'm waiting for some polishing rouge and some wheels to finish it up with my rotory tool.

I'm going to do another stock cylinder head but polish the chamber first before enlarging the squish band.
IMG_20180105_182918.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back