"PureStock" Zeda80 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions?...I did it by hand...a simple small pair of vice grips fit down inside the piston to hold it while I turned the head by hand back and forth then rotating to different positions...came out decent I think...I took about .5mm off the gasket surface also and used a brillow type polishing wheel to give it a light polish in the chamber removing some of the rough casting surface.
IMG_20171231_150237.jpg

Opinions?...I did it by hand...a simple small pair of vice grips fit down inside the piston to hold it while I turned the head by hand back and forth then rotating to different positions...came out decent I think...I took about .5mm off the gasket surface also and used a brillow type polishing wheel to give it a light polish in the chamber removing some of the rough casting surface.
View attachment 80414
Looks pretty good! a better polish will have it perfect.

I'm afraid to hit the edges and round them off..lol
I hear you,the polish i find keeps the carbon and oil deposites from sticking in the little pits.Next time polish first then cut the squish.this one was polished like a mirror before final cut.

Attachments

• 2017-04-26 19.31.15.jpg
    2017-04-26 19.31.15.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 181
This is some future items going on this motor after the initial tuning and testing is done with this build....All I have left is to mod the stock exhaust and get the bottom end finished.

1.) Keihin PZ16 clone
2.) Cheap muffler I plan to shorten to about 6 inches.
3.) 45 degree filter

I'm going to make a flange adapter so I can use the carb.

I'll use a CDH CNC intake bored to 16mm.

And my zeda66 pipe I should have Tuesday at work.

Thinking about a small Reed set up to try.

A little more advanced porting done.

Screenshot_20171231-100918.jpeg

Last edited:
I hear you,the polish i find keeps the carbon and oil deposites from sticking in the little pits.Next time polish first then cut the squish.this one was polished like a mirror before final cut.
Most of the pits are gone...Its definitely not as bad as it was...it also had casting flash around the plug hole I got rid of.

I'll find out how good it works...lol...I'm aiming for as close to 50mph as possible with the stock modded parts.

A Fred head will be the replacement for the stock head at some point.

This is what I like when polished first pic is just pulled off the jug with lots of miles on it,The second pic is the same head after one quick wipe to removed oil and carbon residue nice and pretty again lol.

Attachments

• 2017-07-31 21.06.58.jpg
    2017-07-31 21.06.58.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 2017-07-31 21.08.09.jpg
    2017-07-31 21.08.09.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 173
This is what I like when polished first pic is just pulled off the jug with lots of miles on it,The second pic is the same head after one quick wipe to removed oil and carbon residue nice and pretty again lol.
Yea I'm hoping my choice of oil helps keep things clean as well...I'm going to go with that Amsoil Dominator oil at a 40:1 mix.

View attachment 80414
That's gona work good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back