"PureStock" Zeda80 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll need to do my pin at work...we have a huge drill press and Cobalt bits to work with...I may lathe off the ends a bit to flute the entry then smooth it up...get as much off as I can...I'll post up the pin weight tonight.

I'll need to do my pin at work...we have a huge drill press and Cobalt bits to work with...I may lathe off the ends a bit to flute the entry then smooth it up...get as much off as I can...I'll post up the pin weight tonight.

Lathe would be the go IMO for drilling out the pin

Added the stock pin weight and the differences between 3 different upper rod bearings.

I finally got the lips removed on the intake sides of the transfer ports..I just used a half round file and alot of patience but it's good enough.

Now to work on the exhaust side of the transfer and get all that mixture shooting where it belongs.

I'm going to try a small tear drop instead of completely filling in space..just enough to the side of the lip to re angle flow the height of the window...I'll post pics of that when finished.

Added pic above of cleaned up transfer on intake side.

Not much to report on here.

I did aquire the Zedamotorsports adjustable timing magnet for the project.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

I've figured out what I'm doing with the stock exhaust...The guts and the pipe itself will be removed from the canister and a second stinger will be added to the end cap.

I'm receiving a used 47mm cylinder and piston so I can widen the squish band of the stock cylinder head...My hopes are to improve combustion and lessen detonation as I may increase compression slightly and hopes of slightly cooler temperatures.

I have two NT speed carburetors and a stock NT filter housing coming to me as well...My first attempt at modding my stock filter housing was a fail so I'm going to try again with one...Also have a full complete jetting kit coming for the carbs.

The bottom end still hasn't been taken apart just yet as I plan to do that last.

I'll post up more pics as I make progress.

Last edited:
I got my package a couple days or so ago and stopped by the hardware store to pick up some 8mm nuts and some washers.

My plan is to remove the studs from the case and use them to mount the cylinder head to the jug so the head doesn't move around on me when I'm sanding down on it.

Also picked up some stick on 150 grit sanding wheel sheets that I'll cut into strips to attach to the piston.

Now I have to figure out some sort of permanent megshift piston pin with a bit attached in the center so I can Chuck it up to my drill and spin the piston.

I'll show some pics once I can mock up how I'm wanting to do this.

I got my package a couple days or so ago and stopped by the hardware store to pick up some 8mm nuts and some washers.

My plan is to remove the studs from the case and use them to mount the cylinder head to the jug so the head doesn't move around on me when I'm sanding down on it.

Also picked up some stick on 150 grit sanding wheel sheets that I'll cut into strips to attach to the piston.

Now I have to figure out some sort of permanent megshift piston pin with a bit attached in the center so I can Chuck it up to my drill and spin the piston.

I'll show some pics once I can mock up how I'm wanting to do this.
Just take an old rod cut off the big end and weld on a length of shaft to be chucked in the mill,drill press,hand drill how ever your going to do it,like this you just slide in the wrist pin and an old bearing and your good to go perfect fit and even pressure.

No old rods to use..no drill press or lathe....doing this at home...been difficult gaining access to machinery at work...been busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back