Quarkdude's bike with Boost Bottle installed ( PICS )

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is weird, because all the first thumb is is a .jpg...no reason i can think of you'd see only part of it.

Been building The sched 40 pvc boost bottles since 2005 find good results on Grubee 48cc roundhead better low end live in mountains.First bike did 44 mph on flat no tailwind.Boost bottle is for low end only maybe 4 to 6 mph on top speed.3 and 3\4 inch of sched 40 1 inch and two end caps = just under 48cc. Slight tilt down for fuel drain .Been breaking in my bikes rich and then move into a tech mod green neet fuel formula with right stuff .Start out with E15 93 octane add TOPSHELF t2 best you can afford , leave room for special additaves and catalyst and octane booster gets up to about 106 octane can go higher . The stuff I has been around fovever just like caster oil with a small % of nitro for race bikes. Caster oil is same as bio or veg oil but mixes properly same as vintage T2 race mix.Have not gone too high octane do not want to mess with time settings.Have cleaned flashing out of ports , no re -porting. Use stock exhaust with extra hole drilled in end of pipe about 1\4 inch hole helps de-stress these funny little pipes on Chinese Grubee engines. I say you need graduated mix tube for extremely accurate mix critical factor.

^ ^ ^ Please, break up your posts so we can breathe... :D

Here:

LiamSckhot

Been building The sched 40 pvc boost bottles since 2005 [and have had] good results on Grubee 48cc roundhead: Better low end. I live in mountains. First bike did 44 mph on flat no tailwind. Boost bottle is for low end only... maybe 4 to 6 mph on top speed. 3 and 3\4 inch of sched 40 1 inch and two end caps = just under 48cc. Slight tilt down for fuel drain.

Been breaking [it] in... my bikes rich and then move into a tech mod green neet fuel formula with right stuff. Start out with E15 93 octane add TOPSHELF t2 best you can afford , leave room for special additaves and catalyst and octane booster gets up to about 106 octane can go higher.

The stuff I has been around fovever just like caster oil with a small % of nitro for race bikes. Caster oil is same as bio or veg oil but mixes properly same as vintage T2 race mix. Have not gone too high octane do not want to mess with time settings.

Have cleaned flashing out of ports , no re -porting. Use stock exhaust with extra hole drilled in end of pipe about 1\4 inch hole helps de-stress these funny little pipes on Chinese Grubee engines. I say you need graduated mix tube for extremely accurate mix critical factor.
Thanks for some experienced information! However, I understand these Chinese two-strokes to have a lower static compression ratio and that they do not need high octane fuel. Also, E15 is not available everywhere.

Which additional additives are you referring to? Thanks!

I agree with you about Castor oil, though. I love the stuff; hence my username here on the forum.

Thanks again for letting me use your post as an example of how posts are easier to digest if the poster would only give the reader a break in the action now and then. LOL.

:)~

Thanks quark and augi....I am using my sisters computer (holiday trip) and for whatever yesterday the letter did not show in its entirety and today it does.....Hmmm...computers!
Andrew

I am surprised to see the boost bottle thing still going on. There is a lot of controversy as to whether they work or not. All the information out there is not clear, I would like to see a Dino chart with one. One thing for sure is they are supposed to be on a reed valve engine, and they have to be placed so there is no way they can trap fuel. Keep us posted as to your luck. Have fun, Dave

PS: Saw some on some racing Yamaha's a few years ago but there off the bikes now.
A pic of a reed valve China Happy Time, kick start engine?

Attachments

• Yeis.jpg
    Yeis.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,443
  • manifoldpipe.jpg
    manifoldpipe.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 949
  • res4.jpg
    res4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 475
  • B1002919604.jpg
    B1002919604.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 544
Very cool guys! I hope we do manage to get a pre-fit intake available, this is definitely an easy and effective performance enhancement for these happy time bikes. Hopefully they'll be available by the time I get the balls to build my own bike from scratch. ;)

Hello Large Filipino,

I am going to send an email to Keith also and mention MBc, send him the link, and send him pictures of my Boost Bottle install again. Maybe a simple aluminum spacer between the stock 80cc Chinese intake manifold and the cylinder head could be made cheap to allow the NPT nipple to be installed into spacer and be a bolt on kit like you mentioned. Might have air cleaner cover space issues but maybe it would work.
...........quarkdude:D
Hi quarkdude, its me Keith. Ive joined in. You guys have some great things to say and some really great ideas. I spoke with Augiedog earlier. You guys seam like a real close net and I think I could learn a few things from you guys. I spoke with thatdax.com and we are trying to work out something on the intakes as we speak. If i can purchase them from him then I will. We will pretap the intakes and offer them on our site. Although the metal intakes seam to be a popular item it maybe that the aluminum offer more meat for us to thread. If this is the case we may want to go with the aluminum intake. Any help finding other suppliers is appreciated. Also tell your friends, send pics.

Hi quarkdude, its me Keith. Ive joined in. You guys have some great things to say and some really great ideas. I spoke with Augiedog earlier. You guys seam like a real close net and I think I could learn a few things from you guys. I spoke with thatdax.com and we are trying to work out something on the intakes as we speak. If i can purchase them from him then I will. We will pretap the intakes and offer them on our site. Although the metal intakes seam to be a popular item it maybe that the aluminum offer more meat for us to thread. If this is the case we may want to go with the aluminum intake. Any help finding other suppliers is appreciated. Also tell your friends, send pics.

you still only get around 3 threads,using permatex thread sealent is manditory.pervents leakage due to vibration,temperature cycling and extreme pressures.

I was thinking if perhaps a copper tube could be BRAZED on the manifold,then it would have a smooth transistion inside without having to grind down any threads to the nipple.
Then the copper tube could be simply fuel lined over and clamped.

It would look very much like that blue manifold above:

View attachment 3064

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back