Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

What motor is on that?

Simple, light. Friction drive simplicity is king supreme.

Hey everyone, I have a little update!

I have re designed the frame on the engine side, too allow head/jug clearance.

What this means is I can increase my standard spindle size from of allowed tire width to 2.25 inchs, from 1.80 on the m2.a.

I can now offer a 3rd bearing supported width of 2.75 inches the m3.a!

Before, it would use spacers to off set the head clearance necessary, now simply a bolt with washer flange.

Prototype cut and slapped together for a clearance check.
20211214_141519.jpg

20211214_141515.jpg

20211215_110005.jpg

Fits the high flow STOCK Zenoah muffler!

Older design only had clearance for CY standard mufflers, this will reduce costs and give a little more power on a stock set up.

Another update!

For anyone wishing to get the Christmas price(330, normally 360)for the 23cc kit, complete and ready to bolt on, you have until tonight to send an email! Please email at RatRodzMopeds@outlook.com

Production is on hold again until the busy holidays are over.

Production of the new frame for engine mount is going on and I speculate by the 2nd week of January I will be ready to finish and send out orders.

Spring is around the corner, happy holidays!

20211228_153714.jpg
20211228_153738.jpg
20211228_153745.jpg
20211228_153758.jpg

Finished a frame for a customer locally, new version. His will be mounting a g290rc 29cc. Pictured is the Zenoah g2d99 23cc.

Next couple of weeks I will be updating the original post with new photos and of the centrifugal clutch set up for these engines.

I've also been thinking of different ideas to cover the spindle with a rock/splash guard. Never had problems with rocks, but water goes everywhere! Very fun but I get tired of cleaning my headlights.

20211230_105002.jpg
20211230_110544.jpg
20211230_112021.jpg

Got the ADA clutch drum and zenoah clutch kit in. Paired with a zenoah g2d99 for my partner.

Her hands are a little smaller for using the clutch lever on it's own, while the pull isn't bad, it's the reach that makes it difficult.

This will allow her to just brake, point and throttle around, and still raise the unit via lever if pedal power is desired, all while in riding position.

Very excited to mount this on the old Raleigh!

More info next week as the weekend is my go go, do do work mode.

Stay tuned, happy new year!

Wow, thats a very nice compact unit, so nicely made. I think your price is very reasonable considering the quality and the engines used.
I agree on the splash guard. I made one from a pvc pipe cut in half.Painted black of course. Really cut down on the mess in the wet.

Use a piece of black chloraplast (stuff plastic signs are made of) cut and fitted the the cross bolts and attached
neatly with a few cable ties on each end. That stuff is tough, cheap and easy to cut.

I'm starting to get hooked on the friction drive, went out today in light wet conditions and it still works great. The no peddling to start makes things a lot more convenient , no fiddling with the clutch is another nice bonus. Still really enjoy the in-frame, but if my engine continues to run good the FD will probably get more use. They are also more stealthy for peddle only when needed. I also seem to be able to operate at very low speeds with the FD which is also nice. I interested in seeing a video of your kits when they are done, they look nice.

Back