Replacing Axle

Thank you. Hopefully, I spend as little time pedaling as possible and I won't need that, lol.

I got a 1x6 and 99% of the time it doesn't change gears. I got it in granny gear. If I change gears, something went wrong.

Tell you what, having that derailleur (Funny I was waiting for Grammarly to tell me how to spell that, but I got it right the first time!) was nice when the chain broke 2.5 miles from home.
Guess I didn't read things too well. I see you did say it's a 1x6

Got it all out. It looks kike the axle is one solid piece. Hopefully the bike shop has parts and they aren't a fortune. I'm already at $9 cost in repairing the axle (tool). A new set is $160 with sprocket, rotor, disc calipers, etc...

IMG_20220110_120316853_HDR.jpg

Bike shop looked at the axle and said no way. I showed them my wheel and they said they got nothing for it. Told me my best bet is to bang it straight. Have you guys ever replaced these mag axles? I emailed BikeBerry that does carry the exact same wheels, hope they respond.

Bikeberry responded. They said to take it to a machine shop. I am gonna try a hammer first.

Bike shop looked at the axle and said no way. I showed them my wheel and they said they got nothing for it. Told me my best bet is to bang it straight. Have you guys ever replaced these mag axles? I emailed BikeBerry that does carry the exact same wheels, hope they respond.

Bikeberry responded. They said to take it to a machine shop. I am gonna try a hammer first.
What's the thread pitch and count?

I say this because I am a machinist. An that's what I do for a living. If I have the stock, I can make one, or if I have the die's I can make one. If i do have it, I can let you know how much it will cost. At least in my neck of the woods.

SE BIKES RACING REPLACEMENT SEALED BEARING REAR AXLE--3/8 x 26 x 110 x 175 couple different vendors on Ebay . I am pretty sure this is the chromoly , I have run this axle on my mags for about 9 months without the slightest flex , my original axle bent after 3 weeks .

I don't know. I already have it back on the bike. I am pretty sure it is 10mm x 1.0. I actually bent it out darn straight. I don't have anything more than the bearing nuts holding it right now. I will take it back out tomorrow and get some measurements. Total length, threaded length, bearing surface length, then the leftover middle.

Please don't put a bent axle back into your wheel hub. That bicycle shop gave you terrible advise.

Back