Riding in the rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above posts and those post not related to the OP's thread need to be placed in their own separate thread, so maybe the moderators can clean it up for the OP.

As a side note, imagine how far your Chinese 2-stroke bicycle engine would take you if running the thing on the energy output of Uranium 235, considering the standard bicycle fuel tank holds around 2kg of fuel:

Energy density by mass: MJ/kg

Nuclear fission (of U-235): 77,000,000
Gasoline: 46.9

My own experience, during hurricane sandy, my mb was left out because I was at work and the wind blew it over and somehow filled the cylinder with water, after about 2 minutes of pedaling, it started and ran rough until all moisture was out, and it ran great after, even with the filter soaking wet, the filter was a cut out of the hepa foam filters inside a vacuum cleaner, but it still ran perfectly fine.

the only mod I did to it was that air filter.

so in total, these engines can deal with some pretty extreme conditions, just avoid real big pot holes.. If there's any play (from wear) in the cylinder between the piston and wall, a big enough shock will cause the rings to jar loose and get wedged between the two. That's what happened to my last bike, but it had over 1000 miles on it with no maintenance, but that was my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back