Risky's 2008 Ambassador II Whizzer Rebuild

Yes.... I have been spending hours going back and reading all the threads on the Ambassador and absorbing all of M. Q's information, opinions and disdain for the bike. Then on the other side of the coin, we have Positive comments about the CVT and SE engine from our good friend Mason Man and several others I may add So, I now have much ammunition in the box to use to find a happy median on this build and determine whether I will keep it or pass it on when I finish it to my satisfaction. Thanks for the links! I have many more to read. I have learned a great deal already and that is what this hobby is all about. As my close friends know and most have seen here, I usually don't just scratch the surface of things; I dig deep and become relentless at times!🤔😉🥸

I am surprised at the level of complexity and the amount of knowledge required to make these work properly.
A friend from back east was talking about Whizzers and how they were everywhere when he was a kid. I never saw one growing up on the west coast, people here seemed more interested in dirt bikes and Harleys.

Yes.... I have been spending hours going back and reading all the threads on the Ambassador and absorbing all of M. Q's information, opinions and disdain for the bike. Then on the other side of the coin, we have Positive comments about the CVT and SE engine from our good friend Mason Man and several others I may add So, I now have much ammunition in the box to use to find a happy median on this build and determine whether I will keep it or pass it on when I finish it to my satisfaction. Thanks for the links! I have many more to read. I have learned a great deal already and that is what this hobby is all about. As my close friends know and most have seen here, I usually don't just scratch the surface of things; I dig deep and become relentless at times!🤔😉🥸
Looking good!
Do as much as you can to the top end, opening up the intake port, bigger carb, milling off a least 60 thousand from your head. Make sure you also do your porting for better flow. Wouldn't hurt to have Q lighten up your lifters, less stress to your cam. Maybe shim the valve springs too, keep them from floating. Thanks for all the pictures!

Ray

Quenton has a habit of bashing Taiwan about their manufacturing and the quality of Whizzer engines

I used to think Q was probably right until I worked with Whizzer engines more and more myself , I realized the manufacturing and quality was not as bad as Q would make it seem, Sure some problem have to be overcome, upgraded or modified.
Whizzer M/B has a good Engine,
With almost 42K on my NE-5 I know Whizzer can be reliable

You Ambassador is gonna be great (y)

I am surprised at the level of complexity and the amount of knowledge required to make these work properly.
A friend from back east was talking about Whizzers and how they were everywhere when he was a kid. I never saw one growing up on the west coast, people here seemed more interested in dirt bikes and Harleys.

Quenton has a habit of bashing Taiwan about their manufacturing and the quality of Whizzer engines

I used to think Q was probably right until I worked with Whizzer engines more and more myself , I realized the manufacturing and quality was not as bad as Q would make it seem, Sure some problem have to be overcome, upgraded or modified.
Whizzer M/B has a good Engine,
With almost 42K on my NE-5 I know Whizzer can be reliable

You Ambassador is gonna be great (y)
Agreed! Engine is off.. on to the the other components

Attachments

• 0184F00C-EF66-4791-A5B8-11B81D7E40BC.jpeg
    0184F00C-EF66-4791-A5B8-11B81D7E40BC.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 38
Agreed! Engine is off.. on to the the other components
And FWIIW, I got that motorcycle jack for $20 and was not sure what I would do with it since it won't go under standard bike. But it has worked great for this project and is easier to store under my workbench than I thought.... it also works good on the cruzer!

Yep it's not a Moped - M/B it's a Motor Driven Cycle - M/C
In Florida, any Whizzer is a Motorcycle. And most other states since it is over 50cc. The pedals allow it to be overlooked or when registering it, DMV sees the pedals and assumes it fits the Moped class...... We will talk more about this frame later on.....

Back