Whizzer 2008 Ambassador

It's definitely first edition ambassador, should also have the 22mm carburetor, not the 16mm.
This one should be a keeper!
I don't think it came with the big tank either.

Ray

That id plate alone would mean that they would grant you a VIN number where I live. They have become very sticky on granting #'s on a motorised bicycle. The motorcycle inspectors were sent a memo that no motorised bikes of any kind would be granted a #.

Could be called a vintage motorcycle. Funny, you can get a number for any old rat bag custom, but not a motored bike.

The Ambassador is listed as having 4 hp 148cc and a top speed over 30mph It's considered a Motor Driven Cycle and that means it has to follow all the registration rules as a M/C because the Ambassador don't have any pedals and it's top speed is over 30 mph

Attachments

• 20230812_083307.jpg
    20230812_083307.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230812_084825.jpg
    20230812_084825.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 72
The Ambassador is listed as having 4 hp 148cc and a top speed over 30mph It's considered a Motor Driven Cycle and that means it has to follow all the registration rules as a M/C because the Ambassador don't have any pedals and it's top speed is over 30 mph
Sir
Here are pictures of the bottom of the engine. Is this a specially cast case for the Ambassador or is it simply machined

Attachments

• 20230812_101200.jpg
    20230812_101200.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 76
A friend of mine who is much older than I, had mentioned Whizzer bikes, said he had one as a kid. I'd never heard of them before that.

They look like an incredibly cool piece of American workmanship. I guess they didn't make much of a splash in my part of Canada. When I was a kid everyone was into big bikes.

So I looked at Whizzers for sale. The nicest, rarest ones are pushing 20K US. Bikes in good repair are several thousand. Wow, who would have thought they would command such a price?

Sir
Here are pictures of the bottom of the engine. Is this a specially cast case for the Ambassador or is it simply machined
Looks like you the heavy flywheel? Which is a good thing. SE motors all come this way. Yours is early, might still be NE, check your motor #numbers. Thanks for posting

Ray

Back