SAFE TOP SPEED FOR MB -- is ???

What do you feel is the maximum SAFE speed for a motorized bicycle?

• 20 or less

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • 25 or less

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • 30 or less

Votes: 74 24.5%
  • 35 or less

Votes: 62 20.5%
  • 40 or less

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • Any speed you can reach...

Votes: 74 24.5%

• Total voters
Not so much just "how skilled" but also "how lucky".Try emergency stopping &maneuvering at 35mph.

The top speed I get is all this thing will give me.(about 30-35). My goal is to hit 50 MPH. Speed does not bother me, I've been riding on 2 wheels for 38 years! With a few mods I should be able to obtain my goal!

If things get that way, I'll be upset at the GOVERNMENT (this is supposed to be a free country) I'll have to ride this thing to WA DC and go postal!!!! Your closer, if I stop by on the way want to join me? L.O.L.

Last edited:
your wished top speed -- understood -- but ??

My goal is to hit 50 MPH. Speed does not bother me

I've been riding on 2 wheels for 38 years!

understood danlanberg
I have been riding two wheels with motor for 50 years now
man oh man where did the time go
anyway wondering what speed you voted for ??

you may wish to hit 50 mph someday
but here's the question

what do you think to be a Safe Top Speed for motor bikes ??
if your kid was 16 -- what should the law hold them to ??

ride that thing sideways

Speed after installing 80cc motor...

I installed a 80cc motor in place of a 49 cc motor, expecting that I would be going 35-ish or so. State law in MA says engine can't be bigger than 49 cc and max speed of 25.

I discovered I could reach speed of 30-ish or so, this bike is heavier than usual. However, that felt pretty scary because everything was vibrating and screws came loose all over. I'm more comfortable keeping 20ish or so. I like to look at the scenery; what's the big hurry?

I was afraid cops would pull me over for going too fast, but it doesn't look like that is going to be an issue here.

Keep the rpm down,use taller gearing with more torque available now and enjoy the scenery,what's the hurry!!

that's right no hurry with my little motor THING

what's the hurry!!

that's right no hurry with my little motor on two wheels THING

I am a little surprized that the 35 mph safe top speed is catching up with the 25 mph

35 mph is pretty darn fast on a motor bike

thinking about buying another Harley
now what's a safe top speed on one of those THINGS ??

if that THING has two wheels -- ride that THING

No hurry, Just want to see if I can. I'm an engine builder by trade. From small B&S, Kohler, Onan to........ air cooled VW/Porche (my favorites). I want to get the hang of these 2 strokes. But I do think 25-30 to be a safe speed for the experienced rider. After all it is a BICYCLE !!!

Mountainman, I think 25 is good. And I would do some down tuning for a 16 year old step child ( I dont have any step chirldren) I do have a son on the way, and if I help hem grow up like me, I'll tune is UP!

Back