SBP in Blue Project

I am too lazy to upload all the pictures of my project. No not really, but I don't feel like uploading them multiple times. There is only so much disk space on the Internet and I try to be green. so you can find a picture gallery of building of the Blue Bike on my website LordofLightAZ to see just the pics Check the Blue Bike Gallery If you want to read about the build then start at Part 6 If you are interested Parts 1 - 5 are of my first bike which I built in 2008.

I am not quite done, I need a kickstand, tail light, lock, a mirror, and clear gloss "gas proof" paint for the tank. The light and kickstand are on the way. Since I only can ride one bike at a time my little travel bag holds my lock, tools, and garage door opener and I can swap that between bikes. I probably will get the mirror today. Just riding down the block without a mirror is scary. So I will have to take the other bike to the store to get a mirror.

I also need a longer jack shaft to add an electricity generating device. Who knows maybe someone will send me a 5/8th shaft about 6.5 inches long.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I am not really all that family friendly but both of the above links are family friendly.

Attachments

• bluebikek.jpg
    bluebikek.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 491
CowNose, I have trouble turning my neck so looking behind me is so much easier with the mirror. I use the cheapo, about $3, cateye on the end of my handlebar which makes it easy to see who is going to try and run me over. I hit it with my hand all the time getting on the bike but it is so easy to adjust.

To be honest I don't look behind my bike much at all. I guess I just feel safe assuming people behind me can see me and won't hit me. Stupid on my part I suppose! But Albuquerque is a pretty good place to ride in, lots of bike paths. Our mayor may get some flack for all the new laws he makes and stuff but he is a really huge supporter of bicycle's and public transportation and all that stuff so I like him. :D Wow you probably don't care about such stuff but oh well. I seriously might buy one of those while I'm out shopping today. But really tho, I do think your more in danger of being side-swiped or running into something (doored is the worst, I always avoid doors like they are kryptonite you know how many bikers a year die from being doored?) then being rear-ended.

I did manage to fix my little screw up on the freewheel chainring that Ghost0 pointed out. Bike made it up to the bar last night. Always strange with all those BIG bikes parked out front, I am pretty sure they think I am a nut case.

Attachments

• revisedchainringinstall.jpg
    revisedchainringinstall.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 167
Back