Schwinn ?

see lots of better used bikes at the same prices on craig.
maybe they need pads, cables, tires but you upgrade those anyway once you go motorized, bike resellers nab up these restoreable bikes. every time I go to ask abt 1. I don't get a reply or they tell me it's sold pending pickup,,

Walmart forced Schwinn to do it, and Schwinn had to do it to stay alive. Walmart is the bad guy, not Schwinn.

Schwinn makes really good road bikes and MTBs, all their dealer bikes are pretty good. Problem is that they don't make the best cruisers anymore.

Sounds to me like corporate America has attacked corporate America but if Walmart doesn't sell your product you go bankrupt just like Lowe's with John Deere or Husqvarna myself I ride a Walmart Schwinn with a motor on it a Kokomo with a little over 5,000 miles on it

Attachments

• 1558862010112-581266259.jpg
    1558862010112-581266259.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 152
I was looking at the nighthawk yesterday and thought it might be a good entry level frame,, the older box store bikes from couple years ago have progressed. some models cruisers stayed same but there's wider tubes on some of the mtb. tho cheaper wheels than ever and levers to keep cost down

The cranbrook has evolved and imo is much better then the previous model.
I have an older model cranbrook, and it's worked great... but spare_parts has pissed me off with his build on the new frame. I need those rear facing dropouts and the bracing he's done. I'm still waiting for a frame with 2 bottom brackets, one for the jackshaft, and one for the pedals (IDGAF if you chinese f***s steal my idea, make it happen).

maybe on alibaba you could discover who makes that phatmoto frame for gazbike and have integral JS mount

I have an older model cranbrook, and it's worked great... but spare_parts has pissed me off with his build on the new frame. I need those rear facing dropouts and the bracing he's done. I'm still waiting for a frame with 2 bottom brackets, one for the jackshaft, and one for the pedals (IDGAF if you chinese f***s steal my idea, make it happen).
Buy a cheap hf welder and I can tell you how to convert it to DC. If you get one I have an extra bridge rectifier you can have. Just need a capacitor, shunt resistor, some wire and terminals. If you get the welder on sale the whole thing should end up costing $130-$140.

I'm not sure if the Schwinn Wayfarer 700c bike is sold through the superstores, but you can buy it through Walmart online with free shipping.

I've done an assembly and tune on one, and it's reminiscent of their old Varsity in quality, with a much lighter frame and alloy wheels. Lots of space in the frame triangle to fit a HT bike engine, and the wheels are aluminum hubs with SS spokes and alloy rims. The wheels will need a bit of tensioning, and redishing on the rear. But for $211 it's a fair bike with good fenders and a rear rack. Diamond in the rough.

Back