Secrets of the GX35 carb explained

The replace with new part craze started when the Chinese started making stuff like a replacement carb for $10 and it works.

Yes, when an entire working carb costs less money and time and effort than a carb kit. I'm sure there is a graph somewhere with intersecting lines but I'm sure you get the drift.

Last edited:
I would much prefer spending $10 on a replacement carb over a day of frustration and enough cursing to fill a 1 gallon swear jar. Time is money too, and stress is bad for your health.

Say, would adding a good shot of Stabil and Gumout gasoline additives both to each fill up of the gas tank of a new gx35 or to a gx35 with a new ten dollar replacement carb extend the life of the carburetor?

Say, would adding a good shot of Stabil and Gumout gasoline additives both to each fill up of the gas tank of a new gx35 or to a gx35 with a new ten dollar replacement carb extend the life of the carburetor?
Maybe add like a cap of seafoam additive per gallon of gas to add back some lubricity. If you put the bike in storage, drain the carb and flush it out with some mineral spirits and put on the shelf.

What I have had to do lately with 4 stroke lawn equipment is choke it and run it on the lowest idle that it will run and let it smoke like that for a couple of mins while feathering the throttle and then open it up and it runs good again.

Back