Sidewinder.

Let's see a pic, brand of this supposed Superman seat post. If it works as you say I'm gonna get me one. I've had no luck with the cheap ones with a spring in them. Too cheap to pay $100's on one that may or may not work.

Mine is an adjustable tension post and made out of steel. It has a spring in it. The cheap ones are made out of aluminum. I paid around $40 for it 12 years ago. I've weighed as much as 280 lbs. Unless it's inside of the seat post tube I didn't see a brand name on it.

20210416_174226.jpg

Not to distract from the original post, but no filming for me soon, probably the rest of the season.

Due to my old 6 speed freewheel busting its bearing and chipping the freewheel thread starts I have decided to tear my bike down and give it the proper make over.

More to follow in another thread, but here's a sneak preview/spoiler!
20220821_125651.jpg

Not to distract from the original post, but no filming for me soon, probably the rest of the season.

Due to my old 6 speed freewheel busting its bearing and chipping the freewheel thread starts I have decided to tear my bike down and give it the proper make over.

More to follow in another thread, but here's a sneak preview/spoiler!View attachment 179009
How did you mess up your freewheel

I wasn't talking about smoothness of shock absorption, but how
smoothly the bike accelerates and how fast it accelerates, and how
quiet it is at all speeds and when accelerating. I bet the Stanton
gearbox is heavy and costs plenty, in addition to all the
screeching. Have you lubricated the gearbox to reduce noise?

I wasn't talking about smoothness of shock absorption, but how
smoothly the bike accelerates and how fast it accelerates, and how
quiet it is at all speeds and when accelerating. I bet the Stanton
gearbox is heavy and costs plenty, in addition to all the
screeching. Have you lubricated the gearbox to reduce noise?
Keep in mind that camera microphones have this incredible ability to pick up and amplify sounds that are normally much quieter to the human ear in person. We may hear it as a loud squeal but in person is is likely nowhere near as loud or intrusive. I used to do motovlogs on my motorcycles and no matter what microphone I used the cameras audio software or hardware just made it pick up certain things that I never heard or never heard as loud as I did in the recordings.

Sounds the same as the day I bought it. It's a sealed gearbox. Sorta of like the old standard car transmissions use to be. My technique for shifting to a higher gear is when I go beyond 7000 rpm. With only 1.6 hp acceleration depends on the terrain.

Back