Silencer for flex pipe exhaust?

BruceBanner1983

Local time
4:41 AM
Running a flex pipe exhaust on a 212. It has a baffle at the end, but the holes are pretty big. I’m not expecting it to be that quiet. I’d like to add a silencer. Preferably not a giant fart can like the ones they sell on Amazon. They look stupid, and I’ve no idea how to mount them anyway. Anyone know of a silencer that will bolt on?

Running a flex pipe exhaust on a 212. It has a baffle at the end, but the holes are pretty big. I’m not expecting it to be that quiet. I’d like to add a silencer. Preferably not a giant fart can like the ones they sell on Amazon. They look stupid, and I’ve no idea how to mount them anyway. Anyone know of a silencer that will bolt on?
You could mod a stock muffler to be a mini glass pack, that is a relatively popular mod. Or you could go with this muffler design that JarRaye came up with.

Ram one of these in the end with a muffler clamp.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So I cut the bottom off an empty can of brake cleaner, and used steel stick to seal it to the end of the flex pipe. What I think I will do is get a mason jar lid and drill some holes in it, fill the can with either steel wool or fiberglass, drill some holes in the mason jar lid and can and just screw the mason jar lid on. Filled with enough baffling material, I don’t think a silencer is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_6047.jpeg
    IMG_6047.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6046.jpeg
    IMG_6046.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 66
So I cut the bottom off an empty can of brake cleaner, and used steel stick to seal it to the end of the flex pipe. What I think I will do is get a mason jar lid and drill some holes in it, fill the can with either steel wool or fiberglass, drill some holes in the mason jar lid and can and just screw the mason jar lid on. Filled with enough baffling material, I don’t think a silencer is needed.
It has to expel the exhaust to the atmosphere cleanly or the fumes will back up into the engine and kill it. you need another perforated tube inside your can with insulation packed around it, then capped off.

It has to expel the exhaust to the atmosphere cleanly or the fumes will back up into the engine and kill it. you need another perforated tube inside your can with insulation packed around it, then capped off.
Since I won’t be using the spark plug wrench that came with the engine, I decided to see if it will work for a tail pipe. It fits perfectly in the end of the flex pipe. I’m going to drill lots of holes in it, and pack it with glass and use part of a soup can for the end cap, I’ll just drill holes through the soup can, muffler and tail pipe and stick a bolt straight through to hold it all together

Is this enough holes, or do I need more? Basically tried to drill holes in 4 “sides” of the pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_6059.jpeg
    IMG_6059.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6058.jpeg
    IMG_6058.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6057.jpeg
    IMG_6057.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6056.jpeg
    IMG_6056.jpeg