212 guys and tires

they are actually advertised as race tires
Screenshot_20231020_222314_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, any constant speeds over 50 mph you'll need a better tire than an average bicycle tire
But for speeds up to 50 mph I recommend Cheng Shin Classic Knobbies

I ride all day at speeds of 40 - 45 mph and can go 50+ mph if I want
I put over 41K miles in 18 years on my Whizzer and never had a tire failure running 26x 2.125 Cheng Shin Classic Knobbies
Yes I go on 100 miles ride too, so those tires have been thru alot of abuse, Back tire lasts about 1500 miles
The Classic Knobbie also has the original Whizzer Retro look
How are the knobbies with road vibration and rolling resistance? Good contact patch? Grip when wet?

Not sure never ran knobbies. thats just the tread they.offered on that particular ad. but theze race tires come in 3 different treads. im pulling the trigger on semi slicks

How are the knobbies with road vibration and rolling resistance? Good contact patch? Grip when wet?
Classic Knobbies are the original duel sport tire

There's alot of copies of the classic knobbie out there and their not as good as the Cheng Shin
The only other Classic Knobbie that is just as good is made by Bell with kevlar

You'll notice the knobbies are flat so it's no road vibration but good grip in sand, gravel, wet roads

Ok those might be the best tires for me then
I use em because they're good and period correct for my Whizzer
But shop around, I bet you can find a higher quality tire with puncture resistant liners built into the tire

But if ya like the OLd Skool Classic Knobbie then that's the tire for you

Here is what they say about the Maxxis DTH (drop the hammer) tires im purchasing
Screenshot_20231020_231306_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231020_231326_Chrome.jpg

Back